Coordinate help

nismoguy83835

I am trying to place my first cache and I verified my coordinates with 2 different gps devices. When I get to the page to enter the coordinates it shows different ways of entering them. The only way that seems to even work places the gz in the right state but no where near where its supposed to be.

As a side note, every time I put in the coordinates the other ways, I get and error message saying "can not parse....". What does this mean and how can I make this work? Im really excited to place a cache and I seem to have run into a brick wall.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: these are the coordinates. N 47º42.381', W 116º47.116'

Edited by nismoguy83835

Google FizzyCalc and use it - if it understands your co-odinates and converts it - the output will be acceptable to cache page. I put yours in and it knew what to do with it - even with the characters you chose. Pretty neat software and safe,fast and easy to install. I think you will like it for multiple reasons. Have a ball - it is fun!

This software does require a Windows Computer!

Edited by GPS-Hermit

Google FizzyCalc and use it - if it understands your co-odinates and converts it - the output will be acceptable to cache page. I put yours in and it knew what to do with it - even with the characters you chose. Pretty neat software and safe,fast and easy to install. I think you will like it for multiple reasons. Have a ball - it is fun!

This software does require a Windows Computer!

There is a Mac version of FizzyCalc converted by Jim Carson. He did a great job.