pocket queries download

cartrev

I have followed the instructions for creating a pocket query and it is there waiting for me BUT I thought that I could then download the whole lot into my Magellan Explorist rather than have to do it one at a time. Is there a way of doing this without the lengthy process of transferring them individually?

I have followed the instructions for creating a pocket query and it is there waiting for me BUT I thought that I could then download the whole lot into my Magellan Explorist rather than have to do it one at a time. Is there a way of doing this without the lengthy process of transferring them individually?

From the sounds of it, it isn't actually there waiting for you. If all you've seen is the preview of the results, then the PQ most likely hasn't run yet. Have you ticked a day of the week for the PQ to run? If not, then it hasn't run yet. Once you do, and it runs, you'll receive an email. If the result is 500 or fewer caches, a file will be attached to the email. If the result contains 501-1000 caches, the email will contain a link to the website where you can download the file.

You haven't said exactly which model of Explorist you have, so the next steps will vary greatly depending on that. If you can tell us that, we can provide further guidance on what to do with that file.

OK the email is there with the 400 caches in it. When I open up the pocket query I can download each one individually onto my Magellan Explorist 510 using Magellan Communicator. When I try to check all the boxes to send them to my GPS nothing happens. Perhaps I am too impatient and it takes a long time to do it? Not being very computer literate I am still in a fog about zip files and .gpx files but will keep reading to improve my knowledge!

OK the email is there with the 400 caches in it. When I open up the pocket query I can download each one individually onto my Magellan Explorist 510 using Magellan Communicator. When I try to check all the boxes to send them to my GPS nothing happens. Perhaps I am too impatient and it takes a long time to do it? Not being very computer literate I am still in a fog about zip files and .gpx files but will keep reading to improve my knowledge!

You need to click the tab that says Pocket Queries ready to download. There you will have a SINGLE gpx file to download, which contains all the caches in your query. Transfer this one single file to your GPS and you're ready to go. They will all be transferred in one step.