Creating multiple cache pages

God of Caching

You have no idea.......

Of the 25 caches I own, both under Battleship Command and my own username....I have 65+ favorite points.

Yeah...my caches are thoughtless, cookie cutter, boring, that I whipped together and nobody enjoys them. :anitongue:

Sounds like I hit a sore spot. :unsure:

I was just saying, for myself and others that are not about the numbers, these C&P GC pages leave the same feeling as power trails.

If you are going to put the effort into mapping out an image, placing all the caches, and maintain them, why not go the extra step?

On a side note, favorite points are used heavily in some areas, and treated like the newer challenges in others. I've seen amazing caches get a half a dozen favorites, and garbage P&G (Pringles chip container) caches get tons else where. If your in a high favorite usage area, an average of 2.6 favorites across 25 caches isn't something to get excited about.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick on you. Just suggesting that you should go the extra step and raise the bar that much higher on your battle ship series. If it takes you an extra day to get them all listed, you're finders will be glad you did.

The topic is "creating multiple cache pages." Let's stay on that topic. Focus on tips for efficiency, rather than "it's a bad idea to create multiple cache pages." Thanks!

Ctrl/C, Ctrl/P

My opinion on creating multiple cache pages is not included in this tip.

(Edit: Actually, the OP was not looking for tips anyhow. He was making a suggested feature enhancement to the web site.)

Edited by knowschad

The topic is "creating multiple cache pages." Let's stay on that topic. Focus on tips for efficiency, rather than "it's a bad idea to create multiple cache pages." Thanks!

I'm a little confused here. This is the main forum. Are we not allowed to discuss the pros and cons of the topic, as long as we stay on topic? I can see limiting opinions in the "How To" forum, but not here.

Yes, it will be very efficient to have a template. Everything will be the same but the coordinates and cache name.

Copy and paste wont do everything for you. Attributes is one of them that need to be set by hand or the parking coordinates.

Will having a template will lead to more powertrails? I dont know, only time will tell.

No, I dont hate power trails, it isnt my thing but if people like them, let it be.

Edited by SwineFlew

I'm all for keeping a thread on topic. However, if the thread was called "What's the best way to connect an ammo can to an electric fence?" posts which say "it's a bad idea to connect an ammo can to an electric fence" would be more appropriate than tips on how to do it.

I agree that posts which specifically focus on the relative merits of power trails is off topic but I disagree that discussions on the merits of creating cookie cutter cache pages is off topic.

Make one template and copy & paste it to the others.

I did 105 cache series last year doing it that way.

The hardest part is getting the template to be exactly how you want it.

AHHH...BUT wouldn't it have been soo much easier than copy n pasting 99 cache pages if there was an option to 'copy current page' then select the number of additional pages you wanted, in your case 99 then hit enter and POOF!! You have 100 cache pages that look identical to the first one?? :)

Just me thinking out loud!

Sounds like I hit a sore spot. :unsure:

I was just saying, for myself and others that are not about the numbers, these C&P GC pages leave the same feeling as power trails.

If you are going to put the effort into mapping out an image, placing all the caches, and maintain them, why not go the extra step?

On a side note, favorite points are used heavily in some areas, and treated like the newer challenges in others. I've seen amazing caches get a half a dozen favorites, and garbage P&G (Pringles chip container) caches get tons else where. If your in a high favorite usage area, an average of 2.6 favorites across 25 caches isn't something to get excited about.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick on you. Just suggesting that you should go the extra step and raise the bar that much higher on your battle ship series. If it takes you an extra day to get them all listed, you're finders will be glad you did.

Wow....... Just WOW.

AHHH...BUT wouldn't it have been soo much easier than copy n pasting 99 cache pages if there was an option to 'copy current page' then select the number of additional pages you wanted, in your case 99 then hit enter and POOF!! You have 100 cache pages that look identical to the first one?? :)

Yes, that would've been nice!!

I could spend more time maintaining and finding caches!!

I dunno, but I would suspect that if the one-time 'drudgery' of copy-pasting 99 (or however many) cache pages to create them is 'too much trouble', then the ongoing continuous and repeated 'drudgery' of maintaining those caches will probably be too much trouble as well.

Why stop at cloning one cache page?

Why not ask to be able to upload a .gpx file of multiple co-ordinates and have the whole thing automated by the site for you in one easy step?

Just include the name you want to use for all of them and they would be automatically incremented for you:

My Pointless Powertrail #1, My Pointless Powertrail #2, My Pointless Powertrail #3, etc.

I dunno, but I would suspect that if the one-time 'drudgery' of copy-pasting 99 (or however many) cache pages to create them is 'too much trouble', then the ongoing continuous and repeated 'drudgery' of maintaining those caches will probably be too much trouble as well.

Why stop at cloning one cache page?

Why not ask to be able to upload a .gpx file of multiple co-ordinates and have the whole thing automated by the site for you in one easy step?

Just include the name you want to use for all of them and they would be automatically incremented for you:

My Pointless Powertrail #1, My Pointless Powertrail #2, My Pointless Powertrail #3, etc.

Okay, if this pops up in the next update, I'm blaming you...

:ph34r: