returner to Geocaching

sp01goat

Hi I started Geocaching but family didn't really want to do it so ended up stopping. Yesterday I was out walking and remembered a location and thought I'd check it out. I was sorry to see that it looked abandoned and had just notes (sign in sheets) mostly unreadable due to rain damage.

I have reported it.

Just wondered if there are any groups in Kettering area that meet up? would love to restart, not keen to go out on my own.

Thanks.

Hi I started Geocaching but family didn't really want to do it so ended up stopping. Yesterday I was out walking and remembered a location and thought I'd check it out. I was sorry to see that it looked abandoned and had just notes (sign in sheets) mostly unreadable due to rain damage.

I have reported it.

Just wondered if there are any groups in Kettering area that meet up? would love to restart, not keen to go out on my own.

Thanks.

There is a separate UK and Ireland forum, where you might have an easier time finding information about local groups:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35

B.

I have reported it.

Thanks.

I, too, have a family that's keenly un-interested in geocaching. Bugs, mud, dog poop, etc....well, your family may be the same. But I highly recommend you continue to do it just for you personally. I'm an early riser and usually bag four or five caches and am back home before the little lady's out of bed. And in the evening when I have a few moments, I'll look at some new caches in my area or even think about where I'll put my next one. For me, it's a great pastime that I really enjoy and my family's lack of interest is there problem, not mine.

Hi I started Geocaching but family didn't really want to do it so ended up stopping. Yesterday I was out walking and remembered a location and thought I'd check it out. I was sorry to see that it looked abandoned and had just notes (sign in sheets) mostly unreadable due to rain damage.I have reported it.Just wondered if there are any groups in Kettering area that meet up? would love to restart, not keen to go out on my own.Thanks.
I, too, have a family that's keenly un-interested in geocaching. Bugs, mud, dog poop, etc....well, your family may be the same. But I highly recommend you continue to do it just for you personally. I'm an early riser and usually bag four or five caches and am back home before the little lady's out of bed. And in the evening when I have a few moments, I'll look at some new caches in my area or even think about where I'll put my next one. For me, it's a great pastime that I really enjoy and my family's lack of interest is there problem, not mine.

That would be great but I would have to start when she went to bed and not go to bed myself to bag 5 before she gets up.

It must be nice living in cache saturation country!

Hi I started Geocaching but family didn't really want to do it so ended up stopping. Yesterday I was out walking and remembered a location and thought I'd check it out. I was sorry to see that it looked abandoned and had just notes (sign in sheets) mostly unreadable due to rain damage.I have reported it.Just wondered if there are any groups in Kettering area that meet up? would love to restart, not keen to go out on my own.Thanks.

That would be great but I would have to start when she went to bed and not go to bed myself to bag 5 before she gets up.

It must be nice living in cache saturation country!

Yes, that's true a1elec. There's plenty of caches around the greater Toronto area. Thanks for the chuckle!