Help creating a puzzle

I'm attempting to create a puzzle which involves finding the coordinates given distances from four existing caches. I've read up in older threads here and other places online and think that I have set it up correctly, but math isn't exactly my strong suit and I've been known to think that I'm right when I'm very wrong (just ask my wife).

If anyone would be willing to check me, and maybe set me straight if I've messed up, shoot me an email via my profile here and I'll reply with the preliminary page text. Let me know if you would prefer that I include coordinates for the "helper" caches and the target coordinates in my reply or just the puzzle as is.

Lessons on general procedures and/or links would be welcome in this thread, too.

Thanks.

I use the Inverse calculator on the NGS/NOAA site. It will give you the distance and azimuth between two points.

The Forward calculator will solve for coordinates of a second point given a start point, an azimuth and a distance. Both can be downloaded to run on your computer or run on-line.

http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/TOOLS/Inv_Fwd/Inv_Fwd.html

These will help you set up the puzzle very accurately, but won't help solve it without a lot of trial and error.

I'm attempting to create a puzzle which involves finding the coordinates given distances from four existing caches. I've read up in older threads here and other places online and think that I have set it up correctly, but math isn't exactly my strong suit and I've been known to think that I'm right when I'm very wrong (just ask my wife).

If anyone would be willing to check me, and maybe set me straight if I've messed up, shoot me an email via my profile here and I'll reply with the preliminary page text. Let me know if you would prefer that I include coordinates for the "helper" caches and the target coordinates in my reply or just the puzzle as is.

Lessons on general procedures and/or links would be welcome in this thread, too.

Thanks.