Charter Members Within Colorado

Dr. House

Hi Folks,

Given the time consuming nature of trying to search for Charter Members, I'm hoping that someone from Colorado might happen to know of any existing Charter Member caches in the state. If so, could you provide GC codes for those caches by responding to this thread?

Thanks for your help!

- Dr. H

I've been associated with CO for 11 years. No charter for me. And why the search for caches by charter members, are they supposed to be better or part of some unknown challenge.

I like to search them out because often their choice of location is rather top notch, thus making for a prime area to visit for someone who's never been to a particular region previously.

By your response, I'll assume you don't know of any. Thanks!

Personally, I wouldn't associate 'choice of location' with Charter Membership; there are plenty of newer cachers that have found unique and interesting locations too. But, since you've asked for Charter Members: mondou2 is a Charter Member, and so is RocketMan (albeit currently living in Alabama), Scottandgina.

I know there are a few more out there, but can't think of them at the moment.

There area number of 'old timer' profiles out there, but haven't maintained a 'Charter' status - Tahosa, GEOFRED, Dan Edwards, DES, Vader, SummitCachers, Carrie-so-very.

If you're looking for 'old caches', it may be easier to sift through the masses by looking at placed date in Colorado. Go to the last page and see the oldest in the state.

Personally, I wouldn't associate 'choice of location' with Charter Membership; there are plenty of newer cachers that have found unique and interesting locations too. But, since you've asked for Charter Members: mondou2 is a Charter Member, and so is RocketMan (albeit currently living in Alabama), Scottandgina.

I know there are a few more out there, but can't think of them at the moment.

There area number of 'old timer' profiles out there, but haven't maintained a 'Charter' status - Tahosa, GEOFRED, Dan Edwards, DES, Vader, SummitCachers, Carrie-so-very.

If you're looking for 'old caches', it may be easier to sift through the masses by looking at placed date in Colorado. Go to the last page and see the oldest in the state.

Thanks Team Laxson... that's exactly the feedback I'm looking for since helps me seek out more Charter Member cache locations. I'd previously done the search by state method for oldest in state caches, but that isn't necessarily all I'm interested in finding.

Again, thanks for helping with my query.

I'm a charter member in Colorado (though I didn't live in Colorado when I became a charter member). I have nice caches in the state, though one is disabled due to it being in the closed Waldo Canyon fire burn area.

I think my hides are in good locations, though they are not clever hides...like a lot of caches from 'back in the day'. ;)