FTF?

Langy

Just reading some of the forum posts and came across the link to the Stat Site.

Whilst viewing my stats I noticed that my FTF is set as 0.

Now this may just be the site not showing properly but earlier this year I visited Line With Treet where I was the FTF and it was also my 100th find.

If you look at the log files there is the usual published post then a DNF before my FTF.

Am I missing something? I was clearly the FTF as I was also the first to sign the log.

Langy

Now this may just be the site not showing properly but earlier this year I visited Line With Treet where I was the FTF and it was also my 100th find.

If you look at the log files there is the usual published post then a DNF before my FTF.

Am I missing something? I was clearly the FTF as I was also the first to sign the log.

Langy

I believe you have to put something in your log so that project-gc.com knows you were ftf, I'm not %100 but if you put something like {*FTF*} in your log it will see that and count it as FTF, I assume there will be something on the site telling you precisely what you need to include to have it counted.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Langy

I believe you have to put something in your log so that project-gc.com knows you were ftf, I'm not %100 but if you put something like {*FTF*} in your log it will see that and count it as FTF, I assume there will be something on the site telling you precisely what you need to include to have it counted.

Yes I did put FTF in the log.

The actual quote from the site is as follows;

It's required that your FTF log entries are tagged with one of these: {*FTF*} {FTF} (FTF). Please note that these are the common ones in northern Europe, but still not everyone uses them. Also some have taken FTFs before it has gotten to be "standard" and haven't been able to change all their old FTF logs since some geocaches are locked.

Whether I scroll down my finds, locate all the FTFs and add this is doubtful. Maybe a task for a cold winters night.

What a bizarre site in terms of the stats. I don't get their calculations at all!

:blink:

Yes I do wonder how they get to some of these figures.

I was looking through some of the tops last night and found some unbelievable figures.

Take a look at the Top Caches in One Day for UK people.

The top figures are in order 1104, 876, 863, 857,857,857. Even the top 30th is 356.

I can understand some of these may be groups of people but looking at some of the profile names they suggest a single user.

Be nice to hear some explinations on how that all works.

Just checked the site again and my FTF is now showing after only updating it around 9 hours ago.

My Fame of having a FTF. lol

Personally, I think the FTF thing shouldn't be on there because it relies on individual cachers logging their finds in a particular way.

According to that site, we have one FTF and I certainly don't care enough to go back and edit several hundred logs :huh: Even if ours are correct there is no guarantee anyone else's are

Mark

The top figures are in order 1104, 876, 863, 857,857,857. Even the top 30th is 356.

I can understand some of these may be groups of people but looking at some of the profile names they suggest a single user.

That was discussed on another thread on here in the last month or so, IIRC there were some discrepancies with people filing historical logs all on the same date so while they found many caches over many days/weeks/months/years they were all logged as being found on the same day.

That was discussed on another thread on here in the last month or so, IIRC there were some discrepancies with people filing historical logs all on the same date so while they found many caches over many days/weeks/months/years they were all logged as being found on the same day.

Personally I think logging 1104 finds on one day is even harder than finding them. I had enough logging 30 on one day :blink: