Lack of activity

woolsox

12 months is definitively more than long enough. However, it makes a difference if they are members or officers. I would not care about normal members, it does not make any difference if they are active or not. But it sure pays off in the long run to have enough active officers.

Your question is unclear.

Are you an officer in these groups, or a regular member, and what about the inactive members you're concerned about - officers or regular members?

In active members are not particularly a problem. If the group manager wants to remove them, that's fine, but really they are just names on a list.

Having inactive officers may or may not be a problem, and there are different ways to define inactive. The real question is, "Is this category functioning well?"? There is one large category that has only one active office who has approved ALL of the waymarks in that category. The other two others never log in and have zero waymarks created and zero waymarks visited. It seems to have been created and run by someone with a big ego who has paid to have two sock-puppets as place holders just so he can control the category.

Then there are some categories that have a long slate of officers who login regularly but seldom review waymarks. So, in my book, they are inactive and are just dead weight. It is really up to the group leader to maintain the officer rolls. There may be a good reason why someone is inactive but wants to maintain a presence within a category.

With all of that said, it is still certainly fine for another officer to call for a vote to demote an inactive officer. It might just be good to contact that person first out of courtesy, or maybe the group leader knows something. But sometimes we just need to clear out the dead wood.

I am an officer in the groups I am referring to and the question is in regard to both officers and regular members. It appears to me that listing order of regular members is in the order they joined the group. I have based promotions in the group I manage based in length of membership in the group.

There are others groups where regular members have not shown activity. I wondered if other managers use this same process for promotions and if so non-activity could result in promotions of members no longer active in Waymarking.

I was asking this question to see what was being done in other groups.

Thank you for the replies.

<_<

Normally if I am promoting from my regular members I base it on activity or "activeness", thus they might be one of the more recent people joining the group. I am promoting to have more officers to review waymarks, no need to promote someone that has not shown up on the website for a year or two.