Help needed

Hammer Fans

I had a quick look and it has about 34 finds & 17 DNFs (not including the OP as far as I could see) so it's meant to be tricky, as Langy says it's probably polite to ask the owner first.

Edit to add a general tip, it's always worth reading previous logs on a tricky hide in case there's an inadvertant clue in there.

Edited by MartyBartfast

Hi all the clue for this one seems impossible to find, we have spent hours over there today with no joy, could anyone give me some pointers as to what i may be looking for?

The Cache Owner might help. You should also post a DNF, since you spent hours there and Did Not Find the cache (add "Can I have another hint" to your DNF log, and you may bypass some email problems, but also send a PM to the Cache Owner and include your email address). Check the logs, lots of people have trouble with that cache, both the puzzle and finding it. It probably should be re-evaluated for difficulty rating. I also do not understand the clues (OK, that's not unusual for me :yikes:).

Beware, if a cache descriptions says "you are looking for a magnetic nano", that's likely an object slightly smaller that a fingertip, and may be painted to match its spot.

Edited by kunarion

Hi, Thank you all for the advice, i have just got back from an hour and a half down there and nothing! I think i have found miss piggy but the dates don't have enough numbers for letters needed, but there are 3 dates there so maybe its a mix of numbers lol, I also looked around everything metal in and out of the churchyard and nearby bridge and still nothing, Posted a DNF now and asked for another clue, fingers crossed i get something back :)

I have struggled on caches left them for a month or two then gone back. It does not always help but approaching it totally fresh may just help.

Thank you, i think i will be leaving it permanently lol, but we will see :) I can't stop thinking about what the clue could be for the coords now, its so addictive :0)

I have struggled on caches left them for a month or two then gone back. It does not always help but approaching it totally fresh may just help.

Thank you, i think i will be leaving it permanently lol, but we will see :) I can't stop thinking about what the clue could be for the coords now, its so addictive :0)

It's great to take a breather. Put that cache on the bottom of the pile, find others. Just wait, and someday that different approach may occur to you.