What is going on in Germany?

Rose Red

Dozens and dozens of Waymarks are being logged within one or two days. One Waymarker logged 48 on Aug 31st and 165 on Sept. 4th. As far as I can tell the 165 was all Blogs with cut and paste logs. Another Waymarker logged 100 on Sept. 3rd and 96 on Sept 4th. I wonder if they even bothered to look at the Blogs.

Edited by Rose Red

Not related, but reflecting the same spirit of mass numbers, like the power trails in Geocaching, I noticed today that someone created half a dozen Waymarks for Art Nouveau houses in a street in Brussels, like, House nr 30, House nr 32, House nr 34, House nr 36. It's technically correct but not really the way I see Waymarking. Myself, I even avoid to create more than one waymark for spots where one can overlap and create a dozen. Usually I pick the most significant or my favorite category and that's it.

I've been thinking how to deal with a place in Bristol where there are dozens of art murals and grafitties... I mean, I am inclined to create a single Waymark, but it's gonna be hard to select a few pictures to illustrate the place.

Dozens and dozens of Waymarks are being logged within one or two days. One Waymarker logged 48 on Aug 31st and 165 on Sept. 4th. As far as I can tell the 165 was all Blogs with cut and paste logs. Another Waymarker logged 100 on Sept. 3rd and 96 on Sept 4th. I wonder if they even bothered to look at the Blogs.

In Germany all is fine. We create nice waymarks, we review a lot of waymarks and we have fun with Waymarking. If some waymarkers have fun with logging blogs, why not. Tastes differ.

Not related, but reflecting the same spirit of mass numbers, like the power trails in Geocaching, I noticed today that someone created half a dozen Waymarks for Art Nouveau houses in a street in Brussels, like, House nr 30, House nr 32, House nr 34, House nr 36. It's technically correct but not really the way I see Waymarking. Myself, I even avoid to create more than one waymark for spots where one can overlap and create a dozen. Usually I pick the most significant or my favorite category and that's it.

I've been thinking how to deal with a place in Bristol where there are dozens of art murals and grafitties... I mean, I am inclined to create a single Waymark, but it's gonna be hard to select a few pictures to illustrate the place.

I think things are fine in Germany!

Germany and the Czech Repulbic have contributed so much to Waymarking.com It is great to see all of the activity from Europe. Looking for it to spread even more.

In regard to your two situations above.

Certainly Waymarking every house on a street may seem extreme or silly, it is still a valid way to approach these. And, there may be value in having each of these individually waymarked. A similar thing happens with the NRHP Contributing Buildings category in the U.S. Many of these official historic districts have hundreds, even thousands, of qualifying buildings. It is not uncommon for every house on a street to be listed. They may all be very similar. Even so, I think there is value in each individual waymark.

As group leader for both the Murals and the Graffiti category, let me say that in most cases individual waymarks are preferred. This is especially true of murals if each one is a distinct work of art. It is not uncommon to find high density areas of these. Each one of theme deserves its own waymark with its own set of photos and description.

Graffiti is more difficult because these street art creations often run together. I would suggest looking for logical divisions or groupings. Perhaps all graffiti on one building or one section of wall. Even then, a building or wall might have easily identified, separate, graffiti creations, and these can be done individually.