iPhone app, distance between points

andytheanimal

Is there a way to see the distance between two points? Be they two caches or a field point to cache? If not, it would be really useful! Is there a way on the main website perhaps?

I'm curious why this would be useful in the field. There have been a few times when I have been sitting at the computer and found fizzycalc to be very useful, but I have never found a need to do so in the field while caching.

When scouting locations for a cache hide, I first check as above then make sure the proximate caches are loaded in the GPS. It's simple enough to stand on possible location and find the nearest cache to determine if the site is available.

If there are other reasons for wanting to know the distance between two points I'm curious what they are. Thanks!

Just laziness I guess LOL. Was saving a list out to my iPhone of caches if I have time to look for tomorrow and couldn't decide whether to move the car between caches or walk!

If I'm using one app I want it to do as much as possible rather than flick out to Safari. Either way it would require a signal which out in the field isn't always a possibility so purely for ease!

Sorry if I have misunderstood, but if your new point is a geocache and you are driving, walking etc. go to the distance page in the ipad app(button looks like a compass in the top right corner from navigate to geocache) and that will tell you how far it is to GZ. I use this to check the location distance before placing a cache (assuming you have saved the nearby caches when in range).