Photo competition - September 2012

Langy

Thanks to Dogfort for selecting me as the winner for the August Competition. Very honoured especially as there were some excellent entries in there.

The August 2012 competition can be found here.

I used to be a member of a Photography club back down in Suffolk where we set competition themes etc so I will try and be a little open on the theme but still have some specifics.

THEME: This months theme is Water. Post a photo (should be taken during August / September whilst caching) of something related to geocaching where the water content of the image must enhance the image rather than just being there. It might be something simple like a refelction, rain drop or something like my entry last month.

Good luck to everyone.

The rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Max two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Follow the theme

A photo taken earlier this evening whilst out doing some maintenance on our own caches, we did not even have the camera with us this is just a quick snap from the phone, the photo graph does not give this evenings sunset the credit it really deserves as it was totally stunning :D

c5518785-ffe7-4ab4-bab3-fbca00e89969.jpg

Wow. I was considering entering the competition until I saw that photo. Amazing! Game over.

A photo taken earlier this evening whilst out doing some maintenance on our own caches, we did not even have the camera with us this is just a quick snap from the phone, the photo graph does not give this evenings sunset the credit it really deserves as it was totally stunning :D

c5518785-ffe7-4ab4-bab3-fbca00e89969.jpg

Wow. I was considering entering the competition until I saw that photo. Amazing! Game over.

I couldn't put it any better ,, spot on ..

Many thanks for your kind comments, the photo was taken on by my hubbies HTC1S phone...

I have to be honest here and admit I did not read the competitions rules properly and there is no water in the photograph, if you look carefully you can see the sunset is reflected on the top of our car and you can see the cars aerial.

The one below was taken 10 minutes earlier at a different cache, again there is no water, seems like it was a good evening for photos just not for this months competition.

923f7717-6a98-4627-bee0-3db98da5647f.jpg

I will leave the photos here (unless I need to delete it) as I thought it was a "corker" but please do not consider it for this months competition.

Mandy :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Many thanks for your kind comments, the photo was taken on by my hubbies HTC1S phone...

I have to be honest here and admit I did not read the competitions rules properly and there is no water in the photograph, if you look carefully you can see the sunset is reflected on the top of our car and you can see the cars aerial.

The one below was taken 10 minutes earlier at a different cache, again there is no water, seems like it was a good evening for photos just not for this months competition.

923f7717-6a98-4627-bee0-3db98da5647f.jpg

I will leave the photos here (unless I need to delete it) as I thought it was a "corker" but please do not consider it for this months competition.

Mandy :D

I think we we should leave them on as they are such nice images to look at.

When I looked at it I did wonder if it was the car bonnet or water. The aerial and the curved reflection put doubts in my mind.

Langy

We have now reached 1 October and the September competition is now closed and a decision has been made to this months winner.

I would like to say that I do love my photography where I spent over 5 years in a club and countless hours in a darkroom. I know that every person (especially judges) have a different view on an image so what I call as the winning entry may not agree to everyone else.

I'm sure you will all agree that we had some excellent entries this month, but there can only be one winner.

I've chosen my winner based on the picture quality as well as the content.

So the winner for September 2012 is Hobgoblinkiteflier.

Conratulations Hobgoblinkiteflier.

A message has already been sent to advise on the win so hopefully the October competition will appear soon.

I liked Hobgoblinkitefliers first image as it was almost a pattern image allowing you to wander around the whole image, yes a little over exposed but nothing that could not be fixed for us picky judges. The second image was a nice grab shot where the eyes looked nice and sharp on the little feller. Overall two very good images that made for a worthy winner.

Thanks again to everyone who entered and good luck to you all in the future competitions.

So the winner for September 2012 is Hobgoblinkiteflier.

Conratulations Hobgoblinkiteflier.

Yay! :D There was some stiff competition this month, but I am very pleased with your choice of winner :lol:

I agree that my first picture is slightly over exposed, but I think I only cropped it slightly before posting it. Here's what it looks like with a quick tweak of the levels:

8a89043e-88d5-4665-bd00-b5b67b09d0cd.jpg?rnd=0.5727612

I will get my thinking cap on and post October's theme very soon.