Missing TB

eusty

One of my TB's was dropped in a cache in Ireland about six months ago, but a log from July says it's not there :(

It's only been visited a dozen times, often by cachers with low finds, so the question is do I contact the cachers with a polite note?

There's nothing on your TB's page that suggests there may be a problem. I know that's the way everyone does it, but if there's not even a note "someone once said it's gone from the cache", how can anyone know something happened to the TB? No offense, but TB Owners are asking all the time why there aren't accurate TB logs, when the TOs themselves are not making accurate TB logs.

The only thing I might do is to make a log note on the cache page asking if my [specific TB] is still there. You'd think that an answer would settle it, but consider this: I have a large duck TB (stuffed animal), that one cacher said is gone, the next cacher said is definitely still there, and nobody has logged it since. <_<

If you send a PM to cachers, send your correct email address in the message. Some people don't have their email set up right, so they will not receive PMs. Spam filters, white lists, black lists, all kinds of things. And some have email problems during the time you send it.

People have lots of luck cajoling others to place the TBs. All I ever get is a reply "I'm [really sad story that results in not being able to place a TB], and will place it as soon as I can!", which turns out to mean "I'm annoyed that you sent me email, the TB is gone forever." So I don't send a lot of PMs about them.

Edited by kunarion

There's nothing on your TB's page that suggests there may be a problem. I know that's the way everyone does it, but if there's not even a note "someone once said it's gone from the cache",

The TB was dropped in the cache on March 10th which was the last log for it, there is a cache log from 10th July which says "didn't have a tracable inside".

I know often email addresses change or are incorrect, but worth a shot?