Caching from a boat updated....

mj12cz

Hi All, thought I would give you all an update from my Boating Holiday.

Well my dads 32 foot motor cruiser is not the easiest thing to go caching in however it made for a great holiday on the Thames in the UK.

The day bfore I left I put into my Iphone as many Caches as i could, however it became apparent quickly that some were had to get to, mainly because you simply could not moor up safely with out grounding out the boat.

Firstly a big thanks to anyone who put caches on the Thames path, We got a few done and the kids had a ball looking for them.

We met another boater who asked what we were doing so we showed this lovely lady what a Geocache was. She thought it was a great idea, signed up there and then and the next day had 3 caches done herself!

The best cache was one in a church yard. It was so hard to do as there was a tea party going on right in the middle of it and also not helped by my brother wearing the loudest shirt ever so he stood out like a sore thumb where ever we went.

Got to see some really lovely spots that we would never have found normally and a big thanks to anyone who put caches on the Thames path or villages around the Thames! :D

Oh yeah before I forget, no one fell over boad!

Well my dads 32 foot motor cruiser is not the easiest thing to go caching in however it made for a great holiday on the Thames in the UK.

The day bfore I left I put into my Iphone as many Caches as i could, however it became apparent quickly that some were had to get to, mainly because you simply could not moor up safely with out grounding out the boat.

Firstly a big thanks to anyone who put caches on the Thames path, We got a few done and the kids had a ball looking for them.

We met another boater who asked what we were doing so we showed this lovely lady what a Geocache was. She thought it was a great idea, signed up there and then and the next day had 3 caches done herself!

The best cache was one in a church yard. It was so hard to do as there was a tea party going on right in the middle of it and also not helped by my brother wearing the loudest shirt ever so he stood out like a sore thumb where ever we went.

Got to see some really lovely spots that we would never have found normally and a big thanks to anyone who put caches on the Thames path or villages around the Thames! :D

One of my dream vacations is to rent one of those long canal boats and travel down the canals in the UK or the Midi Canal in France for a week and do some geocaching. I love geocaching while traveling. I just got three 9400 miles from home in Malaysia, including a FTF.

One of my dream vacations is to rent one of those long canal boats and travel down the canals in the UK or the Midi Canal in France for a week and do some geocaching. I love geocaching while traveling. I just got three 9400 miles from home in Malaysia, including a FTF.

My parents have spent the last 5 summers in France on the canals and rivers did the Midi lat year said it was great.

My plan is to do the Caledonian Canal in Scotland in a year or two, We did it as a family in 1975 when I was a kid and dad destroyed the Z drive on his old boat while powering down Loch Ness. So I will hopefully retrace our steps while getting in some Geocaching as well with out trying to sink the boat!.

The Geocaching really added to the Holiday, gave the kids and us all something to do while moored up, was brilliant fun.