Lively Framed Pictures

I've not seen these.

I'm really surprised Koreans haven't made any of these. They love to pose for pictures. The closest I've seen have been some heart frames.

So, Waymarking would allow me to see these and learn about them. Cool enough for a category in my book! We don't need a million to make a good category.

YES !

We have many in The Netherlands.

We call them Photo Unique Locations.

So if you stand for a frame its the best location to take a picture.

A few weeks ago I saw one in the front of the (Famous) Van Gogh house in Nieuw Amsterdam in Holland.

If you stand for this frame you can imagine how Van Gogh see the bridge in front of his house.

I look in my picture archive but i can't find any pictures of a frame.

Next time i think about to make a picture of it.

It's not a WM yet soo i was forgoten it.

I give it a YES.

Grtz John.

have seen none in australia however this would still be an interesting category the only problem is convincing the masses about the need for the category in addition the prevelence is always used to quickly alter a category for approval the case for the category is that there are permanent locations of interesting places that are interesting and this frame give the best picture to those who would like to see the location.

Remember we all see a need for a category even if it only exists in one place or a few places around the world it is not necessarily the reason to deny it. Some categories have been approved before we all wanted to ensure that everyone could fill the grid or even a line in the grid this would add to those that you may have to plan a holiday or convince that it is a worthwhile addition to the tourist operators for your general region. Then you will be able to improve the appeal to the tourist and create a new waymark to boot.

My 2 cents worth and would also enjoy being a reviewer in this category if it is created.

Thank you for you depth of perspective. Looking through the frame to see the changing over time from a specific location and direction how will it change or not change over time.

I've seen such frames at the Lake Constance with an old photograph beside the hole, they were called "Zeitfenster" (may be translated like "time frame"). But others I've seen are only rusty plates, standing alone.

You are asking about a good name: What about "Windows in the wild" :unsure:

Edited by prussel

I really like this idea and would definitely support the new category.

I can't really think of the perfect name.

Here is some brainstorming though:

Nature Framed

Framing Nature

Framing the View

Windows to the World

Standalone Frames

Standalone Picture Frames

Standalone Photo Frames

Viewing Stations

Framed Stations

Photo Frame Stations

Picture Frame Stations

Picture Frame Viewing Locations

Picture Frame Viewing Stations

I really like this idea and would definitely support the new category.

I can't really think of the perfect name.

Here is some brainstorming though:

Nature Framed

Framing Nature

Framing the View

Windows to the World

Standalone Frames

Standalone Picture Frames

Standalone Photo Frames

Viewing Stations

Framed Stations

Photo Frame Stations

Picture Frame Stations

Picture Frame Viewing Locations

Picture Frame Viewing Stations

Life Framed

Framing Life

Windows to Life

Although the Category name could be important to give an instant idea of what is needed, it is not too critical. Memorable is perhaps more pressing.

The name "Framed Views" gets my vote.

Beside the usual two images, people need to know how and when they can access this frame. There might be limitations.

Entrance fee?

Daylight only?

Nearby parking?

The installation may not be permanent. In which case the Waymark might become the only record of what occurred.

Don't recall any in Australia, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Closest is 'Natures Window' in Kalbarri region, northwest Western Australia, where a natural portal through the rock gives a view over Kalbarri Gorge. A very popular photo spot, hundrds of thousands of visitors would have photos of themselves in this natural frame. (I wouldn't expect that to qualify though).

Gets my 'Yea', look forward to seeing it.