What is happening here?

Need me glasses

In a cache I found a bag with 3 geocoins and 1 TB in it, as these were not listed in the cache I thought I would wait to log them in case someone dropped them and has not logged it yet but when I viewed all of the trackables pages they all have the same person who has logged them as 'discovered' but wrote in the log they did not pick them up (well slightly different wording)so this person must have taken them as they all came from different caches, this person does not appeared to have logged any of the caches that these trackables where supposed to be in either, I am confused, what is going on here?

Thanks for replies, I know how to grab them and get them back in circulation but what I was trying to work out is how these trackables came to be all together, in a bag, in cache that they were not meant to be in and all 'discovered by the same person? If the person who discovered them was not the person who placed them in the cache then how is this explained? they are all logged at different caches.

I was trying to work out is how these trackables came to be all together, in a bag, in cache that they were not meant to be in and all 'discovered by the same person? If the person who discovered them was not the person who placed them in the cache then how is this explained?

That person didn't notice that a pocket was accumulating those Geocoins, and realized the need to place them all into a bag in the next convenient cache. Simple. :shocked: Maybe. Or there could have been a different cacher who had gathered coins for a while for some reason, and didn't log anything.

Don't try to make sense of people's motives. You'll go nuts. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion

Thanks for replies, I know how to grab them and get them back in circulation but what I was trying to work out is how these trackables came to be all together, in a bag, in cache that they were not meant to be in and all 'discovered by the same person? If the person who discovered them was not the person who placed them in the cache then how is this explained? they are all logged at different caches.

Is it possible the person who logged the discovered logs just happened upon them in the same cache where you happened upon them? They just didn't take the trackables with them, like you did? In which case some other unknown person took the trackables from the other caches, didn't log that they had done so, and the eventually put them all into the cache where you found them - possibly someone who doesn't understand how to log trackables.

The cool thing is that they're all moving again. Nice!

Is it possible the person who logged the discovered logs just happened upon them in the same cache where you happened upon them? They just didn't take the trackables with them, like you did? In which case some other unknown person took the trackables from the other caches, didn't log that they had done so, and the eventually put them all into the cache where you found them - possibly someone who doesn't understand how to log trackables.

The cool thing is that they're all moving again. Nice!

This seems like a possible answer, although the few people who are logged as having visited the cache recently have logged trackables before. I am thinking that maybe it is a mystery player who is just playing the game but not signing any logs or logging anything online, as said by Gitchee-Gummee...a shadow!!