<please ignore>

Dude...You are two days late,, I took both 120 Rinos and all the acc"s back to the stores, Finalized the trade last night after work,, And went with a Platinum and sportrack Pro,,I would have jumped on your deal,, I would have traded anything to rid myself of those rinos. I'll bet there are others out there that will take you up on this deal, Happy Caching

You name it, it was wrong. the gps would not lock on and stay. My Legend and Venture were ten times better, The radios, worthless when you are trying to talk to someone thats more that few hundred yards away, position sending the same, useless if you are on a 4-wheeler trying to track others and keep in touch, we had to use other radios (Midland frs/gmrs)Sorry but I tryed and tryed them, My opinion, Plain and simple "Kids toys" some day I truely believe that garmin will improve these units, but for now, I need a gps that will position me in the field. When I am in the trees I use the Magellan( Sportrac Pro, or the Platinum) if I want to be discreat and an am in the city or rural areas I use the etrex's(Legend, Vista)If I am asked to recommend a unit to someone getting started in the game I say The Venture, start with that and you can't go wrong, The map programs, Garmin has that hands down.

Wow.

I may have to put my offer on hold.

Since you had 2, I assume you didn't have just a defective unit.

I wonder if others have had similar problems, or have compare the GPS function's quality with "normal" GPSrs.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Montana Latitude:

You name it, it was wrong. the gps would not lock on and stay. My Legend and Venture were ten times better, The radios, worthless when you are trying to talk to someone thats more that few hundred yards away, position sending the same, useless if you are on a 4-wheeler trying to track others and keep in touch, we had to use other radios (Midland frs/gmrs)Sorry but I tryed and tryed them, My opinion, Plain and simple "Kids toys" some day I truely believe that garmin will improve these units, but for now, I need a gps that will position me in the field. When I am in the trees I use the Magellan( Sportrac Pro, or the Platinum) if I want to be discreat and an am in the city or rural areas I use the etrex's(Legend, Vista)If I am asked to recommend a unit to someone getting started in the game I say The Venture, start with that and you can't go wrong, The map programs, Garmin has that hands down.

I am going to have to disagree with ya on this one. Here is a thread about specific serial numbers having some problems. Yes there was a problem but after sending it in and getting a different one the radio problems are 150% better and have had no problems since.

As far as locking on I have had no problems what so ever in wooded area's even before I sent mine in.

I would still feel confident about making the trade.

icon911.gif

Ya I have to disagree with your disagree, been there seen that, One of the units was in the range of numbers, and the other was far an distant from the numbers, BOTH would do the same thing, both did not transmit or recieve to each other or to other radios very well if at all, so the number range had nothing to do with it, as far as the sat. lock, the same with both units, finally put them away and used a unit that would tell me where I was and how far it was to the geocaches,,, I really liked many features the rino had, for instance the ability to edit the menu and place what I wanted on the dropdown menu button( who needs a calculator on there or the moon and fish phases) was nice to add what I did want and was able to arange them so I quickly get to the screen I did want. Still have to say it again,,,"Kids toys..period" I hope the next generation of rinos do work, as they are advertised to do so.

Hey Montana Latitude, two words "your momma."

Get a Lowrance Ifinder, sportraks lie.

Rinos are fine.

Quit complaining, I dont see all the other Rino users complaining.

What xp do you have with GPS anyways?

I do what I gotta do, when I GOTTA do it.

Well Ma uses a Venture,,one that I loaned her....Pa uses a Platiumn,,, after the 315 took a dump before that it was a blazer12. Now on to myself......A blazer12 the same one PA used,,,At my feet lies a ProMarK X Built in 1993,,,ever hear of that one? and on the table top is Magellan Platiumn,,Sportrack Pro, A Garmin Vista, Legend and like I said the Venture is out on loan,,there is a Mag. 2000xl sitting around here too. Now for th Rino's two of those were sent back, Dude I aint complaining,, just putting in my cents worth,,,take it or leave it. Makes me no never mind.