Need Help Retrieving a Race to the Rapture TB

Mrs Rusty

I have a TB that is in a Race to the Rapture starting in New York and ending on 12-12-12. It has traveled well and has had help from many cachers along the way. But right now things are not so good.The TB had been picked up by stevechriskaty and all attempts to contact this cacher has gone unanswered for over 30 days. If any local cachers know them personally please contact them and express to them the importance of this TB’s mission.

Any suggestions from local cachers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Mrs. Rusty

New York

I have a TB that is in a Race to the Rapture starting in New York and ending on 12-12-12. It has traveled well and has had help from many cachers along the way. But right now things are not so good.The TB had been picked up by stevechriskaty and all attempts to contact this cacher has gone unanswered for over 30 days. If any local cachers know them personally please contact them and express to them the importance of this TB’s mission.

Any suggestions from local cachers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Mrs. Rusty New York

Not a local in this area, but... many people who get contacted via the profile messaging system get a message of 'do not reply to this address' or such when it is used. IF the send email address with message is ticked the system will fill in a reply with your chosen email address. IF it is not checked then the message gets an address of noreply@ GC.com and basically hits the bit bucket.

For a better chance at a reply, try putting your full email address early in the body of the message as reply to: you @ wherever...

Used to be doing that on the first line was the norm for email, but people seem spoiled today. Anyway it gets around the mistaken idea that ALL messages sent through the profile route should not be replied to, whether or not they check the box to provide the email.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck, I see they were 'visiting' it earlier this month so they are slightly active. There is also the possibility that it has been placed somewhere but not logged as such. Checking all their found caches since it was picked up might reveal something, I did one or two with no luck however. Some phones have been known to fail drops and keep sending auto visit logs, but it's not common. Stay friendly and it works best for all. Email tends to make even innocent comments seem rude at times...

Doug 7rxc

Thanks Doug I never thought to check the caches around that area. I did however make sure that my personal e-mail was in all the messages. Just very disappointed that this is happening.

One of the joys of being a TB owner I'm afraid. Another point to consider is that some email services would see the 'noreply' address as 'junkmail' and direct it to a 'junk' folder and it might never be seen but flushed every few days.

I do look at the 'took it to' logs in a good light. I have to look at some of the caches yet, yesterday was a rough day for me at a personal level (nothing serious, but emotionally draining, and I can use the distraction of a good TB trace).

Remember that they seem to be relative newcomers in terms of numbers but they are active and some of those caches visited were not big enough for a TB to drop. However as I said before it would not be the first time that someone dropped a TB but forgot to log it.

Or didn't get the opportunity. Where I live caches are relatively few in number and one has to work hard for them, or wait out weather etc. Personal lives also intervene. A few weeks of inactivity is not much of a pause in this area. In some way it seems that may be the case here. Their name sort of implies a family group, and this is 'back to school' season in many areas, some are already back, ours start next week. That can mess up many a good intention.

Anyway keep trying! You might want to check with the race if 'visit' logs count. To me they should since a 'visit' is the same as a drop and retrieve immediately. I do seem to remember reading that some races don't count them though.

If I find anything out I can send you a PM message. or email.

Doug 7rxc