STF & co-TTF Hogs

Is this thread necessary? Talk about internet trolling. So some people love to collect FTF's and others like to complain about "FTF hogs," big deal. Some of them may even get a little carried away, but threads like this don't make it any better.

If only other cacher's opinions could be as valuable as yours. :rolleyes:

Is this thread necessary? Talk about internet trolling. So some people love to collect FTF's and others like to complain about "FTF hogs," big deal. Some of them may even get a little carried away, but threads like this don't make it any better.

I think tongue is in cheek in this thread...

Is this thread necessary? Talk about internet trolling.

Come on, it's at least a little bit funny, isn't it? :laughing: After a week of non-stop FTF discussions, it's nice to see a discussion of the oft-forgotten STF and TTF.

On a related note, I generally use the numerical digit instead of the first letter to prevent confusion (ie. 2TF vs STF, 3TF vs. TTF). After all, STF could be sixth-to-find, seventh-to-find, or seven-hundredth-to-find.

And don't get me started on those 700TF hogs... :rolleyes:

I've got a solution for all those who feel they don't get enough FTFs. Or STFs or TTFs.

Step # 1 Create a new geocaching.com account.

Step #2 Make a new cache and sign the logbook on the FTF spot.

Step #3 Hide the cache under your new account name.

Step #4 After publishing, log the FTF under your old account.

See, "How to get more FTFs in only 4 EZ steps." :)

For STF or TTFs, just sign on the 2nd and 3rd lines respectively. Voila!

And for those who are whining "Ahhh, you can't log a find if you hid it cause you knew where it was" the solution is also EZ:

Modify Step#3 to read "Hide the cache under your new account name...after drinking enough to induce memory loss."

See, solved all your problems for ya. :D

Edited by The_Incredibles_

I got a FTF on a cache 9369 miles from home today. I had been looking at recent logs on other caches in the area and the last time anyone has logged a cache within 100 miles was about 2.5 weeks ago. After getting the FTF I went and found another cache and someone else had logged it earlier in the day. I'm glad they didn't go after the FTF opportunity before I got it.

I think tongue is in cheek in this thread...

Yes. I believe the OP was very much tongue in cheek.

...and what about all those cachers that hog all the STFs & TTFs? :blink:

I haven't had a TTF in years! And I can forget about ever getting a STF!

I believe all the cachers in out area just wait for the FTF to happen so

that they can use a PAF to get a hint. Then the race is on!

I am considering a series of caches and I am new to this hobby.

Would it be rude or unacceptable to request a limit of one FTF per person in the description.

I do not have a FTF to date and it is for this very reason.

Would it be rude or unacceptable to request a limit of one FTF per person in the description.

Ya it kinda would, especially if they all come out on the same day. If I go out and there are 3 or 4 caches I'll try for all of them not just one. If I happen to be FTF on all of them then good. FTF is nice, but all it means is you are first. Plus since not everyone logs online right away how do you know if you are first until you get there and look in the logbook?

I wouldn't say the request is rude, but it is unlikely to be followed. If the whole series publishes at once, a cacher is unlikely to do just one of the series, go away, then come back and finish the rest later on.

Your best bet is to ask the reviewer to publish one per day (or publish some of them, wait a few days or a week, then publish some more, etc). That way at least the FTF opportunity is spread around. (Even then, if you have a few individuals who grab all the FTFs in your community, they may still get them all - you could try a note on the page nicely asking that folks spread the FTF love around, but don't get your hopes up too much.)

I'm able to sustain a fairly good FtDNF streak, in spite of the fierce competition.

There were a couple of FtDNF hogs in my area, but I managed to stalk and harass to the point they gave up the chase.

I went out one morning before work as a new cache had just come out and logged a FTDNF, as I was driving home another one came out nearby and knowing I'd be late I still went for it, FTDNF #2.

After I worked I checked and my first FTDNF was disabled as 4 others DNFed it after me and my 2nd FTDNF had not been found so I went back, 8 hours later and logged a FTF too.

Edited by Roman!

I'm able to sustain a fairly good FtDNF streak, in spite of the fierce competition.

There were a couple of FtDNF hogs in my area, but I managed to stalk and harass to the point they gave up the chase.

I went out one morning before work as a new cache had just come out and logged a FTDNF, as I was driving home another one came out nearby and knowing I'd be late I still went for it, FTDNF #2.

After I worked I checked and my first FTDNF was disabled as 4 others DNFed it after me and my 2nd FTDNF had not been found so I went back, 8 hours later and logged a FTF too.

If you lived in my part of world, this kind of serial FTDNF logging could mean conflict, dude.....although much negativity can be be negated with the sharing of Geobeer!

:mad:

FTDNF AND FTF hog...

:lol:

G'day mate, you brought up a topic that will get you flamed here by some trolls you know the type...