Notifications

Team J-Stone

Hi here,

Just a quick one here......Was getting notifications for published traditional caces within a 30km radius. But, saw some new traditional published caches within that range (some on 15km away)and no notification.

Any idea? Bug?

Thanks,

Team J-Stone

Are you still getting other emails from Groundspeak?

There's also the possibility that it's another occurrence of a bug I reported a while back. I've seen cases where notifications are working just fine, but for whatever reason a publish notification email doesn't get sent for a cache. It's happened to me a couple of times for single caches, and once for a group of 3 new caches. Nobody in the area received emails for the caches in question, so it wasn't just something in my setup.

Doing a little research for Gisann. She doesn't receive notifications on activity concerning her TBs. As far as she can see her watch list of caches is notifying her as it should and her vehicle bug seems to be notifying her when discovered, but she has received nothing on her two travel bugs. I also have them on my watch list and have received nothing. I have had both bugs in my possession for about a month now and have let them visit every cache i find. She nor I have received any notice when i discovered them, grabbed then nor when i let them visit. Any thoughts... Cajuncuz (Larry)

She nor I have received any notice when i discovered them, grabbed then nor when i let them visit.

TB owners don't get emailed when someone logs a "Visit" on one of their TBs, so no problem there.

You haven't "Discovered" either of those TBs, so no problem there.

Therefore, she should only have received one email for each of them when you grabbed them on August 10. Unless you were watching those TBs before you grabbed them, you wouldn't have received those emails. She should first double-check to make sure she just didn't overlook those two emails, then check any spam folders. The most common reason why someone doesn't receive emails from this site is because they get tagged as spam.

She nor I have received any notice when i discovered them, grabbed then nor when i let them visit.

TB owners don't get emailed when someone logs a "Visit" on one of their TBs, so no problem there.

You haven't "Discovered" either of those TBs, so no problem there.

Therefore, she should only have received one email for each of them when you grabbed them on August 10. Unless you were watching those TBs before you grabbed them, you wouldn't have received those emails. She should first double-check to make sure she just didn't overlook those two emails, then check any spam folders. The most common reason why someone doesn't receive emails from this site is because they get tagged as spam.

I failed to get notifications for a group of three new caches in my area recently; all three were published August 28. I got notifications for other caches both before and after August 28, so it was definitely a site bug, not a problem at my end. And they did not go to my spam folder or anywhere else. The missing notifications were for: GC3VMQY, GC3VMQ0, and GC3VN03.

Don't know if the bug affected everyone, or just me

Edited by Mister_Hyde

Don't know if the bug affected everyone, or just me

Judging by the logs of the first few finders on each, it wasn't just you. One cacher even mentioned that one was a block from their work, but they didn't realize it had been published! I've gotten a total of 4 FTFs on two separate days on caches similarly published with no notifications sent. This has been a problem for quite a while now, but it seems to be very intermittent.