Caching partners

Ma & Pa

Caching partners can take many forms. It can be a couple such as Ma & Pa or Chignecto Duo or Sunnygirls who share a caching name or it can be a couple who each have their own name such as tetagoucher and Curious by Nature. It can also be the person you call when you solved a puzzle and need company to get it in the dark or who you call when you need help with a puzzle. A caching parnter is the person you call when you see a new series come out in a swamp and you know exactly who would like to go play there with you.

A caching partner is the person with sharp eyes that you bring with you in the woods to find the elusive micro; and you love it when you are ready to quit and they call out: “Got it”. A caching partner is the one who is eager to get up at 4 am and drive miles with you to an area loaded with caches and who is willing to cache there with you until dark, and maybe even stay overnight and cache all weekend.

Caching partners are people who take off together for a long caching trip. You gotta love teaming up with somebody or another couple and spend time caching and exchanging caching stories.

BTW Speaking of partners, did you hear my story about caching with Ma on a rural trail not far from Ottawa. Well here is the story.

We had spent most of the day biking on paths in the South west corner of Ottawa. We had a great time and added many caches to our totals. Late in the afternoon we parked on a country road and walked along a path to a couple of caches. When we got the final cache under some trees, Ma stayed on the trail while I did the logging. As I was doing that, I noticed that Ma had disappeared. I looked around and spotted her walking down the trail back the way we had come. I wondered why she had left me there. Well I looked through the cache, signed the log and put everything back where it belonged. When I got out from the trees, I noticed that Ma was a long distance away. I hurried to catch up with her. It took a while. When I caught up I asked why she left.

She replied: ” I saw something big and black in the woods, I think it was a bear”

HMMMM…

Caching partners can take many forms. It can be a couple such as Ma & Pa or Chignecto Duo or Sunnygirls who share a caching name or it can be a couple who each have their own name such as tetagoucher and Curious by Nature. It can also be the person you call when you solved a puzzle and need company to get it in the dark or who you call when you need help with a puzzle. A caching parnter is the person you call when you see a new series come out in a swamp and you know exactly who would like to go play there with you.

A caching partner is the person with sharp eyes that you bring with you in the woods to find the elusive micro; and you love it when you are ready to quit and they call out: “Got it”. A caching partner is the one who is eager to get up at 4 am and drive miles with you to an area loaded with caches and who is willing to cache there with you until dark, and maybe even stay overnight and cache all weekend.

Caching partners are people who take off together for a long caching trip. You gotta love teaming up with somebody or another couple and spend time caching and exchanging caching stories.

BTW Speaking of partners, did you hear my story about caching with Ma on a rural trail not far from Ottawa. Well here is the story.

We had spent most of the day biking on paths in the South west corner of Ottawa. We had a great time and added many caches to our totals. Late in the afternoon we parked on a country road and walked along a path to a couple of caches. When we got the final cache under some trees, Ma stayed on the trail while I did the logging. As I was doing that, I noticed that Ma had disappeared. I looked around and spotted her walking down the trail back the way we had come. I wondered why she had left me there. Well I looked through the cache, signed the log and put everything back where it belonged. When I got out from the trees, I noticed that Ma was a long distance away. I hurried to catch up with her. It took a while. When I caught up I asked why she left.

She replied: ” I saw something big and black in the woods, I think it was a bear”

HMMMM…

You know what they say about not needing to be faster than the bear, right?

Anyways, I like caching with one or two people. I hate caching in large groups. But some of my favorite cache trips are all by myself.

Prefer to cache alone. I can go at my own (fast) pace and do as many as I want. Plus, if it's a challenging cache, I feel a much greater sense of accomplishment if I can complete it by myself.

Not to say I don't enjoy a lil socializing at geocaching events because I do, but yeah... it's nice just having a little bit of alone time when I'm actually out caching.

Add me to the 'alone' list (well usually in the company of my dog). I've tried caching with family and friends but they want to quit after a couple and go shopping.

+1. Occasionally my son will enjoy finding a couple of caches but loses interest after three or four. A good percentage of my finds are when I'm traveling on business so finding a caching partner isn't so easy most of the time. I have a pretty limited amount of time to cache locally and finding a block of time that coincides with someone else local is difficult as well. Fortunately, I like the "me" time and have participated in several other activities in a solo manner.

From our name, you can probably tell we cache together, so put us down on the side of "more fun with a partner".

The only drawback for us is my job gives me a lot more concentrated time off that hers, which means there are a lot of times I could be out caching alone.

MsKitty likes caching so much, I feel bad if I go alone, because she doesn't get the chance to find'em.

So ... I spend my "alone caching time" making and hiding caches, which she isn't much interested in.

Works for us!

From our name, you can probably tell we cache together, so put us down on the side of "more fun with a partner".

The only drawback for us is my job gives me a lot more concentrated time off that hers, which means there are a lot of times I could be out caching alone.

MsKitty likes caching so much, I feel bad if I go alone, because she doesn't get the chance to find'em.

So ... I spend my "alone caching time" making and hiding caches, which she isn't much interested in.

Works for us!

This sounds a bit like us. We are retired so we cache together.

But our roles in the team are different. We both contribute to our caching plans and caching trips but MA does most of the GSAK and PQ work. She also prepares well in advance by doing puzzles for an area that we will be hitting (such as the 150 solved puzzles near our daughter's place in Ottawa). She does the admin stuff like ensuring our records are correct and the TB's get dropped in time and in appropriate places.

I do the driving and the logging. I also do most of the talking and the chatting and the comments in forums. I plan our cache placements and prepare the caches. I prepare the cache pages and do the maintenance. I also create our original puzzle caches including our over 130 Micro Logic puzzle caches.

PAul

And I am the one who attends the regular poker games hosted by local cachers

I do most of my caching alone....My wife is supportive of my addiction but doesn't care to participate herself. Sometimes my kids (14 and 21) will accompany me but they never log their finds and don't participate in the trip planning...they like it but they're not "into it", I guess My wife sometimes comes too but she just drives.

I cache by myself, with my husband, my kids, with my MIL, and sometimes friends and groups. I love the different aspects that each bring to the experience, and enjoy it fully when I'm caching with others (unless they're not happy caching, which is quite frustrating). But because I'm a bit of a loner and a cranky person ;), I probably prefer being alone more of the time.

There is a distinct difference here, I think, between caching with a loved one vs. caching with someone whom doesn't live in the same house as you. Another way of saying it is this: Caching with someone you share an account with is different that caching with someone who has their own account.

I cache with people and without people. I'll go with my mom on easier terrain caches or generally ones I think she can get to as she has mobility issues. Sometimes I'll cache with my friends. They're both fun in their own way.

For a bunch I just like to do them alone. Sometimes it's because I'm one to meander to a cache on a trail and not just power hike through the bush to get one like my friends do and I know I slow them down. Sometimes the terrain is too hard for my mom and I don't want to put her at risk. And sometimes I know I'm going somewhere special and I just want to experience it without all the chatter.

I prefer to cache alone. It's my time to unwind, to think and to clear my head. I've never had a caching partner until this past weekend. Some of the local geocachers put together a CITO event and afterwards one of the guys asked if I wanted to hit up a new park with a few caches.

We spent a few hours together and it was cool to chat with someone who can relate because my family and friends don't play the game. Having a second set of eyes definitely helped out but it was a little less peaceful because of the chatter.

I think we may tag-team some trails again in the future, and it's cool to know I have a friend to call for the more dangerous caches.

Really miss my caching partners from Oregon.

I haven't found any caching partners since I moved back to Iowa.

My 90-cache day the other day could have easily been over 100 if I had caching partners to motivate me after lunchtime.

Some of my best caching partners weren't even geocachers. In Iraq I had a couple of gunners on our convoys that would go geocaching with me. I'd be looking in the usual spots while they'd be monkeying around, climbing the HESCO Barriers and T-walls thinking the caches would be up there. Made for great fun.

Edited by bramasoleiowa