explorist gc bouncing

superjet5

been using My explorist gc now for five months. It works great for Me but it bounces when I get under light foliage and its worse when its heavier. I know you will always get some bouncing but would it be less if I bought a higher end GPS? I'm looking at the 62s,oregon 450,or earthmate pn-60. I'm wanting to spend about 350.00. any suggestions. thanks.

My advice is to change the title of this topic to something like "Trying to decide on a GPS". I click on this topic because the title suggested that you were looking for help/advice on your "bouncing" problem with your eXp GC. Instead you are asking for advice on buying a different GPS.

been using My explorist gc now for five months. It works great for Me but it bounces when I get under light foliage and its worse when its heavier. I know you will always get some bouncing but would it be less if I bought a higher end GPS? I'm looking at the 62s,oregon 450,or earthmate pn-60. I'm wanting to spend about 350.00. any suggestions. thanks.

I used to have the explorist gc and know exactly what you mean. The bounce would just about drive me mad. I have a 62s and an explorist 710 both seem to be on par as far as bounce or lack there of is concerned. Either of these units will be far superior to the gc you own now. The explorist 710 was a breeze to use after owning the gc, which by the way was returned. One of the reasons being the bounce you are refering to. I have no user experience with the other brands you have listed. Good luck with your new purchase.

yes, the bouncing on the Explorist GC is horrible, and it appears Magellan has abandoned active updates for this unit. The last firmware that worked right without the massive bouncing was firmware 1.4.... It regressed on 1.6 and 1.7 failed to fix the problem. Then what Magellan did was take this same unit, change the color of the plastic and relabeled it as a 110 and a 310 without giving GC owners the benefit of the newer updates.

What's happening is the unit doesn't know when you have stopped moving. Garmin's and older Magellan's like the Triton and Meridian series know when you've stopped moving. Explorist series also suffers from a horrible boomerang effect.

Edited by gpsblake