Garmin No Longer Uploading

jearsy

I have a four year old Garmin 60 GPS CSX. The device has been working very well for me but in the last couple of months it is no longer up loading new waypoints from the website. I have checked and the GPSer software is up to date and the website plugin is up to date as well. I have also tested my computer USB port with other non GPS devices and it worked just fine. So I dont know if it is the USB cable that is bad or if it is the plug part on the device.

Does anyone know what has happened or is there anyway to fix this?

Are you deleting found caches from your GPS? It may be that memory is full.

I have had the same problem. In my case it was a Mac problem with the new communicator...loading and using an older version of the communicator solved the problem. Garmin support told me it was a Mac only problem.

I have been deleting geocaches and other way points that I no longer need to use so it is way below the 500 waypoint limit that my GPSer has and I can enter in new Waypoints manually just fine and those stay.

I have a Mac as well, so is this another Garmin vs. Mac problem onc again? How do I go back to using the older uploader and not the newee one?

There was a Mac version of Communicator released that fixed this. Maybe a beta version?

The current mac version of communicator has fixed this problem.

Thanks for your help! I went and made sure my GPS had its software up to date and then I checked the Garmin Communicator and it was indeed out of date. Once I had down loaded it the problem was fixed. Thank you!!!