"Quick Find"

B&BWoodvig

I hearby solemnly swear that even when I get super crazy fast at finding caches, I will never use the expression "quick find" in describing a cache, because it's really frustrating to new people when they can't find something that others describe as such.

I'd be happy if that's not the very next log after my DNF where I searched for a couple of hours. :rolleyes:

Edited by kunarion

I hearby solemnly swear that even when I get super crazy fast at finding caches, I will never use the expression "quick find" in describing a cache, because it's really frustrating to new people when they can't find something that others describe as such.

I'd be happy if that's not the very next log after my DNF where I searched for a couple of hours. :rolleyes:

That does kind of frost your corn flakes, doesn't?

A friend of mine makes a point of logging "quick find" no matter how long it takes him to find it if the previous log was a DNF. Especially when I'm the one that posted the DNF. Yeah, it's pretty annoying, but at least I know he'll provide some hints if I ask.

I've posted "quick find" after a DNF when it really was a quick find once or twice. I'm not trying to be mean. It's just a way of saying, "Hey, newbie, you didn't think of something." This happens a lot no matter how long you've been caching, so newbies should get used to it as soon as they can.

I've posted more than one DNF on a cache that others have said was a quick find. D'Oh! I still can't figure out where I might have looked that I didn't look the first two times. Obviously I'm missing something but at least I know I wasn't searching for something that was actually missing...

I've posted more than one DNF on a cache that others have said was a quick find. D'Oh! I still can't figure out where I might have looked that I didn't look the first two times. Obviously I'm missing something but at least I know I wasn't searching for something that was actually missing...

I had that happen twice last weekend. I searched and searched and could not find them.

A couple hours later, the same person quickly found both of them. GAH!!!!

Other caches where people have had trouble, I'll walk right up and grab it. No idea why this happens.

You think it's frustrating? I've been doing this for over 7 years and the 2 closest unfound caches to my house are D2 traditional, that have log after log saying "Easy Find", "Quick find", "Thanks for the quickie". For some reason, I can't find them.

The only log that can toast them any better...

Thanks for the fun, easy cache. :) It was our first time out caching, and our four-year-old son Jason spotted it right away!

The important thing to remember about that is that a good portion of the time people are lying. At least this is what I tell myself. :)

Edited by The_Incredibles_

The important thing to remember about that is that a good portion of the time people are lying. At least this is what I tell myself. :)

But if it's a quick cache and dash, that's probably all I will say: "Quick cache and dash."

Ugh, can't tell you how many times I've dnf'ed something and had hordes of people after us posting "quick and easy find", "didn't even need the gps", or "barely stopped the car before the cache was in hand".

<_<

And I hate being the only DNF on a cache, but I can't bring myself to lie and not post the dnf.

Oh, well, that's the way it goes, eh? :lol:

B.

I also often struggle with finding caches which others have said are "quick". And yea, that can be annoying.

But I also think it is useful to say something about how long it took to find. So I will say things like "found after a short search", or even "found quickly" or the dreaded "quick find". (Though more often it is a comment like "took far longer than it should have", or "DNF after looking for 30 minutes").

The word I like to avoid is EASY, I find that more annoying. Quick just means I found it quickly. It could have been because of luck, or the coordinates took me exactly there... or whatever. It is a fact I found it quickly. But EASY... that is being more subjective, and I find more irritating...