Unreadable email

thehoomer

Just a quick question.

When we get emails from Geocaching.com, it comes into our spam box and is made up of masses of script like this -

'dG9tOjFweCBzb2xpZCAjZDlkZGFkO3BhZGRpbmc' and we are unable to read it. I'm not at all techie but I'm sure its something simple. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this please?

Edited by thehoomer

What you've shown isn't script. Just a long string of letters.

Do all your mails from the site turn out like that or only a specific type like the newsletters or emails from other members?

Is the unreadable bit restricted to the message body or is the address of who sent it unreadable too?

What email service are you using?

Have you scrolled to see the entire message. Sometimes spam has bounced around. What you can see could be the header with the real message below it.

(Just some questions to get an idea about what is going on)

You should start by putting noreply@geocaching.com on your list of approved addresses (sometimes called whitelist) so your messages won't be dropped in that spam filter any longer.

In Gmail, you can make a filter that tells the email program to put all messages from that address in the inbox.

Good luck!

What you've shown isn't script. Just a long string of letters.

Do all your mails from the site turn out like that or only a specific type like the newsletters or emails from other members?

Is the unreadable bit restricted to the message body or is the address of who sent it unreadable too?

What email service are you using?

Have you scrolled to see the entire message. Sometimes spam has bounced around. What you can see could be the header with the real message below it.

(Just some questions to get an idea about what is going on)

You should start by putting noreply@geocaching.com on your list of approved addresses (sometimes called whitelist) so your messages won't be dropped in that spam filter any longer.

In Gmail, you can make a filter that tells the email program to put all messages from that address in the inbox.

Good luck!

Thanks stijnhommes.

There is one cacher who's email comes in like this and also anything direct from noreply@geocaching.com arrives in this format. All our cache log notifications come in perfectly readable. The address line and sender line is readable. I have scrolled right down to the bottom and the whole email is in the script format. Our email provider is orange. I have now marked the email as 'not Spam' but I still cant read it. I will keep fiddling.........

You're not the only one.

The bug has been reported/discussed here:

Newsletter sent as HTML mail

MrsB

Thanks Mrs B.

At least I now know its nothing Ive done :anicute: I hope they get it sorted because currently, I cant read any messages from GC.com and they could be telling me that I need to email them back immediately, to claim my £1000 'Cacher of the Month' prize money.

Don't worry - we'll let you know if you're in line for £1000.

This week they were telling why it's important to everyone to log our DNFs and

International Geocaching Day Success

You did it! You made International Geocaching Day the biggest day in Geocaching.com history. More than 94,000 geocachers from around the world charged into the wilderness or perhaps walked casually down the sidewalk to find a geocache on August 18. A souvenir for the day could be earned by logging a "Found it" for a physical geocache or an "Attended" on an Event Cache. Thank you to all those cachers who organized the more than 250 events, including 3 Mega-Events, on International Geocaching Day this year.

International Geocaching Day is the third Saturday of August each year. Next year it will be commemorated on August 20, 2013.

MrsB :)

Just a quick question.

When we get emails from Geocaching.com, it comes into our spam box and is made up of masses of script like this -

'dG9tOjFweCBzb2xpZCAjZDlkZGFkO3BhZGRpbmc' and we are unable to read it. I'm not at all techie but I'm sure its something simple. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this please?

That's not html, but maybe it's uuencoded data.

@#HgTYffd n6"#+ ^t D3!$ @#Lk*7^

Kl'D23d! OK!!!!

Now follow-

F421!2)/@ (htdres) )-K7

But if you have only certain GfRtdkdRts then:

&~@'~@ ! and @#@+&

Thanks very much Legochugglers, you have now confused me even more. When I tried your solution, my laptop gave off smoke and then blew up. We are currently sifting through the debris of our former house for anything of any value.

Are you certain that Kl'D23d! is 'OK'? Are you sure that isn't a typo and what you actually mean is: K2'D23d! is OK?

PS.... Are you going to pay our Travel Lodge bill for the next 3 months whilst they re-build our modest semi in Bicester?

@#HgTYffd n6"#+ ^t D3!$ @#Lk*7^

Kl'D23d! OK!!!!

Now follow-

F421!2)/@ (htdres) )-K7

But if you have only certain GfRtdkdRts then:

&~@'~@ ! and @#@+&

Thanks very much Legochugglers, you have now confused me even more. When I tried your solution, my laptop gave off smoke and then blew up. We are currently sifting through the debris of our former house for anything of any value.

Are you certain that Kl'D23d! is 'OK'? Are you sure that isn't a typo and what you actually mean is: K2'D23d! is OK?

PS.... Are you going to pay our Travel Lodge bill for the next 3 months whilst they re-build our modest semi in Bicester?

G^*($%?@~)......You're welcome.

Just send 5t6t34y6er57ju6er32q to Travel lodge and they give the 2nd month free.