Completion Code in Task?

St.Matthew

In the common Wherigo Tutorial cartridge (with alien planet theme), the completion code is given to the user in a Task called "Complete Cartridge Online." I like this idea better than giving the player a completion code in a message. Using Urwigo, how would one display the completion code in a task?

The name "Complete Cartridge Online" is too long, on a garmin you will see it cut "Complete Cartridge"...there is place for roundabout 18 chars.

Normally the completion code is an item "Unlockcode" and the item description is a concatenated string similar to Landondena's example. Of course you can place this in the task description as shown below. Here the name of the task is "Log it online"

post-3481440-042731700 1345747477_thumb.jpg

Is the completion code generated automatically or do you need to do something with your project to generate it. I get a code when using this player.completioncode that looks suspiciously like a placeholder.

For all cartridges not downloaded from Wherigo.com, the completion code is a placeholder. To my knowledge, no one has figured out how Groundspeak creates their completion codes. (For the Wherigo Foundation site, I decided to do some sort of absolutely inane way to generate completion codes so others wouldn't be able to follow that logic--because it isn't. Perhaps this was what Groundspeak chose to do.)

So, anyway, when you're testing cartridges, you'll always have some sort of placeholder for a completion code.

I have just done my first Wherigo using the Builder. I am really having problems in the completion stage. I get all the way to the end but want to leave the completion code as an inventory item. When I run the emulator it seems to work OK but in real life it does not end smoothly. Any example or template I can look at?

If you make any cartridge in Wherigo\\kit, it will automatically put a completion code item into the player's inventory when the cartridge is complete; the author doesn't have to do anything. You can either reference a public cartridge or make a test one yourself and download the zip/gwz (and import it into your favorite builder) to see how Kit is accomplishing this.

Let me know if a Kit-created cartridge has problems doing this in a player app. Kit is made to output the most simplistic code I could come up with.

If you make any cartridge in Wherigo\\kit, it will automatically put a completion code item into the player's inventory when the cartridge is complete; the author doesn't have to do anything. You can either reference a public cartridge or make a test one yourself and download the zip/gwz (and import it into your favorite builder) to see how Kit is accomplishing this.

Let me know if a Kit-created cartridge has problems doing this in a player app. Kit is made to output the most simplistic code I could come up with.

Thanks

Will do