Vernal Pool

geocat_

Had to look that one up....round these parts those are called Kettles....and there are dozens (and dozens) of listings about them. Just stick to it's formation and do not focus on the wildlife and you should be OK...at least I think they still allow these landforms.

There are many types of vernal pools. My guess is that most would be hard to get published as an EarthCache, but it all depends on the focus and how the EarthCache is constructed.

If the focus of the EarthCache description is on the ecology and biology, flora, fauna, etc., then it won't fly. If there is a focus on the earth science present at the location, it could work.

Go here: http://www.geosociety.org/earthcache/knowbook.html

And review section 3.3

--geoawarehq

I placed one about some Vernal Pools. When I submitted it they were OK. As it is written, it would NOT be published today. The info at GZ has been removed by the parks and I cannot get an answer for when it will be replaced. I will probably end up archiving my 1st EC.

Is the some way you can rewrite it so it would be approved? It would be sad to see your first one go away. I'm sure the reviewer would work with you to OK appropriate changes.

I placed one about some Vernal Pools. When I submitted it they were OK. As it is written, it would NOT be published today. The info at GZ has been removed by the parks and I cannot get an answer for when it will be replaced. I will probably end up archiving my 1st EC.

Is the some way you can rewrite it so it would be approved? It would be sad to see your first one go away. I'm sure the reviewer would work with you to OK appropriate changes.

Agreed, I bet there's a way to make it work!