How do I create Delorme maps for my GSAK stats?

hoagies

I think I've done everything right. I have the Challenge.gsk macro, which I ran, making sure to update the output field to USERDATA. I'm certain it's looking at the caches I've found (the default setting).

Then I ran the FindStatGen3.gsk macro to generate my statistics, downloaded the two Delorme state maps I wanted (DE (part of MD) and PA), and updated each of these maps to make sure that they were looking for their data in USERDATA.

The statistics generate, and I get my new DE and PA state county maps (yup, done all three counties in DE this weekend!) and I see the Delorme state challenge maps, too. Except... the Delorme maps are blank. No map grids filled in, no matter how many caches I have found in a grid square.

I found and followed these directions elsewhere in these forums, though they were dated 2008 or 2010 (I found several sets). But I'm using the up-to-date macros, so I wouldn't imagine that was the problem. Problem is... I don't know what my problem is.

Thanks for your help!

Carolyn a.k.a. Mrs.Hoagie

I think I've done everything right. I have the Challenge.gsk macro, which I ran, making sure to update the output field to USERDATA. I'm certain it's looking at the caches I've found (the default setting).

Then I ran the FindStatGen3.gsk macro to generate my statistics, downloaded the two Delorme state maps I wanted (DE (part of MD) and PA), and updated each of these maps to make sure that they were looking for their data in USERDATA.

The statistics generate, and I get my new DE and PA state county maps (yup, done all three counties in DE this weekend!) and I see the Delorme state challenge maps, too. Except... the Delorme maps are blank. No map grids filled in, no matter how many caches I have found in a grid square.

I found and followed these directions elsewhere in these forums, though they were dated 2008 or 2010 (I found several sets). But I'm using the up-to-date macros, so I wouldn't imagine that was the problem. Problem is... I don't know what my problem is.

Thanks for your help!

Carolyn a.k.a. Mrs.Hoagie

Of course the very best place to ask GSAK questions is on the GSAK board. That is where the macro authors and experts hang out.

I seem to remember that there is something special about those maps. There might be other things you have to do to set it up correctly. I would ask over on the GSAK board.

Done thanks.

I had trouble searching those forums last night - kept getting search errors no matter what I searched on, and only found comments dating 2010 or older - so I feared they'd been archived. Seems better today...

Just ask, don't search. I'll bet you get an answer within 24 hours or less.

BTW.... first you run the macro to update the counties andput the data in user data 2, then you click on the Map It button and you should get the map.

Edited by ngrrfan