Logging your visits to Waymarks

Jffok

When I visit a waymark I sometimes find it is listed under several catagories. Do you log each catagory? I visited a courthouse that was listed under 5 or 6 catagories. Historic places, Courthouses, etc.

I am new to Waymarking and want to get started out correctly. And I don't know anyone local that does it to ask questions of.

Thanks for any information you can give to a newbie.

When I visit a waymark I sometimes find it is listed under several catagories. Do you log each catagory? I visited a courthouse that was listed under 5 or 6 catagories. Historic places, Courthouses, etc.

I am new to Waymarking and want to get started out correctly. And I don't know anyone local that does it to ask questions of.

Thanks for any information you can give to a newbie.

You can log a wm in each category listed if you met the requirements stated at the bottom of the page. There are times when I visit a place that's listed in many categories, but I didn't meet the requirement some so I didn't log them all.

Just an example: If you visit the OKC Zoo, you can visit several waymarks of the zoo itself. But you could not log a visit on the BOOK about the zoo unless you have read it. I personally check the visit requirements at the bottom of the waymark, just to make sure I took the pics or did what I needed to. I have, on occasion, made a mistake and later deleted my log.

Thanks for all your nice visit logs to my waymarks. I appreciate it.

I will frequently get visit logs for the same site that is listed in several categories. When you find these, the waymarks may be by the same person or by different people, but we all enjoy getting the logs. Just try to say something meaningful about the waymark. And, the above advice is good - to check on the logging requirements. Most of us aren't too strict about them, though. At least I'm not.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Waymarking!

I hope you have a lot of fun!

Thank you for the replies. I am taking more pictures now when I visit the sites. And I have gone back to a couple of them because there was some requirements that I did not complete the first time there. So I think I am learning. I am enjoying seeing the places that the waymarks take you to.