New Coin: Geocaching is in My Genes

ECplus3

Adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine: These are the nucleobases, or just plain bases of DNA that in pairs called nucleotides carry the genetic code of life. There are four of them, right?

dna_bases1.jpg

Not so fast! There is a fifth base! One that I like to call GEOCACHINE.

dna_bases2.jpg

If present, traits such as perseverance, puzzle solving, curiosity, obstinacy, and a predilection for technological devices are usually dominant. These may manifest as a desire to examine surroundings in minute detail (moving rocks and logs; lifting lampskirts; poking into hedgerows), a sudden urge to plunge through thickets and thorns without regard to personal comfort (or thought of searching for a nearby path), and a desire to surround oneself with GPS enabled devices at all times.

In short, Geocaching is in our Genes!

PHD12800_art.jpg

Coin stats:

dimensions: 45mm x 43.5mm

thickness: 3mm

features: translucent enamel; multilevel design

icon: yes

tracking: geocaching.com

finishes: satin silver, satin gold, black nickel, antique nickel

Samples are currently being made and will be ready mid- to late-September.

Edited by Eartha

Domo!!!

Wonderful design!

GEOCACHINE?! Awesome!

As a Mad MAD Scientist creating mutants EVERY day (Muhahaha!),

I'd love to add this one to my collection!

Can I have a peek at the unique icon it will have?

I guess I just need to 'Watch' this forum, and wait for the Geocoin to go on sale.

Can't wait!

Thanks for all the effort!

~ Dr.MORO

:wub: I love this coin! Unfortunately I won't be able to purchase any coins any time soon. Could someone please, please, please look at my trading list and if there's something you like, pick up a red/gold or purple/silver one for me???

I always order extra, so when these come in they will appear in the store again. Should be early December.

Edited by E&Cplus3

Recieved the Groundspeak-Edition 2 weeks ago,...

It's a very beautiful Coin!

But why does it only haf a generic Icon!?

As beeing a Limited Groundspeak-Edition I would have expected a unique Icon (maybe diffrent from "normal" Edition) but i'd never had expected to just get a "Personal Coin" Icon...

Link to Coin

Its probably because the unique icon has not been loaded into the system yet. It will display the generic until then.

Recieved the Groundspeak-Edition 2 weeks ago,...

It's a very beautiful Coin!

But why does it only haf a generic Icon!?

As beeing a Limited Groundspeak-Edition I would have expected a unique Icon (maybe diffrent from "normal" Edition) but i'd never had expected to just get a "Personal Coin" Icon...

Link to Coin

Its probably because the unique icon has not been loaded into the system yet. It will display the generic until then.

That is indeed the case. The icons were submitted when the codes were first ordered. I'll email Groundspeak to get this taken care of. It should be fixed by Wednesday.

I love the look of these coins. Ordered the set originally. Should be arriving soon. Also ordered the LE Groundspeak edition when it came out. Are the 2 new "Mutant" LE coins a limited minting? How many?

HMmmm ... "LE" usually means 'LIMITED' edition ... :anitongue:

But the way LE's are surfacing (not necessarily these) ... 'limited' doesn't mean what it used to mean ... :huh:

Better question might be ... 'How many are those editions 'limited' to' ...