geocaching turtle boxes

I own almost 400 caches and need to maintain them all. My secret is I use turtle boxes which are watertight and come with built in camo. The only problem is my supply of them has run out.

Anyone know an alternative place where I can get them except cache shack?

Cheers

I'm desperate now as I've been using micro containers but everyone keeps complaining about them

I own almost 400 caches and need to maintain them all. My secret is I use turtle boxes which are watertight and come with built in camo. The only problem is my supply of them has run out.

I looked at cache shack and found an item called a "turtle" which is a black plastic jar. You can see a bunch of suppliers if you google this:

buy polypropylene jar

There are some black polypropylene jars in this list:

http://rsatestfreu.kalioinc.com/thick-wall-plastic-jars-pp/p/v28200/

Those are "thick walled", but there are double-walled, and several other styles. It also has an "unlined cap", in case you don't want to depend on a styrofoam seal, but I can't tell from the description if the unlined cap is in fact an airtight seal by itself.

Maybe that will be a good start on your search. If you find a suitable container, let us know what it is.[/url]!

Edited by kunarion

Cheers

I'm desperate now as I've been using micro containers but everyone keeps complaining about them

Sorry I never did reply did I. I didn't get any in the end. I need big batches of say 100 but that sort of numbers isn't feasible from cache shack. I was just wondering where the turtle containers are made themselves and I could order a batch like pup and cache hoppers

They got theirs off of ebay and it was a very large batch in the many 1000s which I believe filled the garage and any other available space.

I'm sure that if you were to contact them you would be able to negotiate a discount for bulk.