Oure Travel bug for three months in the hands of...

Soepertramps

It is still in de hand of... I have send this person an email twice, but no response.

The cacher has not been to a cache since taking your TB. It would be good if they were to simply put it back where they found it. But with luck, they will place your TB once a decent sized cache is found again.

You may put a note on your TB page, "We haven't heard from our Travel Bug in a while, and we miss him. If someone sees him, ask him to write to us!". Without any information on your Travel Bug's page, everyone will suppose you don't mind that your TB isn't moving.

You can keep emailing them. We had a Travel Bug moved one time. Picked up by a new cacher with 3 finds and that is it. Over a year ago and she still has it or not. Answered one email last Dec. I think I would just mark it as missing and put out a Proxy. I had another bug moved good for awhile. It is not in the cache that it is suppose to be in. Picked up by a cacher, who let a friend discover it (which is why I know it is not where it is suppose to be) but who has never logged it or moved it. I will wait awhile and maybe sent a Proxy out or not. I enjoy launching new TB 's at events, I know that once they are on the road--anything can happen. I still like TB's and will continue to put them out occasionally and move them and discover them.

You've already e-mailed them..... Have you given them a good week or more to respond?

You can try e-mailing them again ....

Other than that... Look at their profile. How many finds do they have? When was the last time they logged onto geocaching.com??

Chances are, they have very few finds and haven't logged on in months....

Use your own judgement. You can 'Mark as Missing' - and that'll get it out of their inventory.

Thanks! But I still wonder why someone just don't respond to my email. I have waited for a month to send my first email, then two months to send another. If that person just send me an answer to my question of the whereabouts of my TB…how much efford would it take?

Looking at that cacher's profile, it appears they've been caching for many years but they don't do lots of caches. My guess would be that they still have your TB safe and it will get dropped into another cache when they get the caching urge once more.

Why don't they reply to your emails? I wonder if it's a language problem? Maybe they don't understand... or they understand, but don't feel they can reply in the correct language?

When you sent your emails, did you ticked the little box that says, "I want to send my email address along with this message"? If you did not, it is possible that they simply clicked 'Reply' for their email message back to you (i.e. they didn't go to your profile to send via that email link) and the reply would have gone to the No Man's Land of Lost Emails.

MrsB

Thanks! But I still wonder why someone just don't respond to my email. I have waited for a month to send my first email, then two months to send another. If that person just send me an answer to my question of the whereabouts of my TB…how much efford would it take?

Looking at that cacher's profile, it appears they've been caching for many years but they don't do lots of caches. My guess would be that they still have your TB safe and it will get dropped into another cache when they get the caching urge once more.

Why don't they reply to your emails? I wonder if it's a language problem? Maybe they don't understand... or they understand, but don't feel they can reply in the correct language?

When you sent your emails, did you ticked the little box that says, "I want to send my email address along with this message"? If you did not, it is possible that they simply clicked 'Reply' for their email message back to you (i.e. they didn't go to your profile to send via that email link) and the reply would have gone to the No Man's Land of Lost Emails.

MrsB

I'm guessing that they either don't get on the web very often, or they don't want to answer.

My son has a Moose TB out, he's in the hands of a person that has had him almost a year. We are a bit annoyed. I've emailed the person a few times with no response. I also checked to see when they last cached and it was a few days ago. I think if someone loses a TB they should at least be kind enough to email the owner to let them know.

My son has a Moose TB out, he's in the hands of a person that has had him almost a year. We are a bit annoyed. I've emailed the person a few times with no response. I also checked to see when they last cached and it was a few days ago. I think if someone loses a TB they should at least be kind enough to email the owner to let them know.

If you haven't already done so.... Look very closely at the logs for the Moose. The current "holder" received it as a hand-off. Better yet, it appears that it was handed to her by her MOTHER! Try emailing MOM.

HINT: Be sure to check the box that says: "I want to send my email address along with this message."

If you do not and they email you via "reply", that email goes to "No Reply @ geocaching.com" -- in other words, it goes out, but you never receive it -- and they don't know that you didn't get their response. Is a common mistake many make.

If they do not send via "reply", there is no problem -- but many simply do not realize that.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Hi,

Three months ago someone picked up our TB from a cache and didn't place it somewhere else since then. It is still in de hand of... I have send this person an email twice, but no response. Sad but true, what can i do? Nothing i guess…:(

What can you do? Be patient, very patient.

I see that you have only one TB; I've found that the best cure for obsessing over a single TB is to get and release MORE; when you have 20 or so out, you'll learn to relax and just let them travel-or not.

One of my TBs was just dropped off yesterday by someone who picked it up on 9/16/11 although they've found over 200 caches since then, but they were almost all micros, not big enough to hold any TB, much less this one which is a bit bigger than average.

I was cleaning out my car the other day (big event) and came across my kid's caching bags. In my daughter's kit, I came across a TB. I questioned her on when she picked it up. She thought it was a toy and not a bug. So, that was about a month ago we did that event. Not all TB's that disappear are from evil people. Just an FYI.

I was cleaning out my car the other day (big event) and came across my kid's caching bags. In my daughter's kit, I came across a TB. I questioned her on when she picked it up. She thought it was a toy and not a bug. So, that was about a month ago we did that event. Not all TB's that disappear are from evil people. Just an FYI.

So very true.... kinda like that bumper sticker: <STUFF> happens!

OK now, everybody on command -- go to your minivan, raise it above your head and shake it vigorously. 1......2......3

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Did you check the box that sends your email address? Personally I don't answer emails unless the sender did that.

Did you check the box that sends your email address? Personally I don't answer emails unless the sender did that.

Yes, I did.