Premium Member What do I do now.

carrera24

I am a Premium Member.

But I can sign on, search and see caches, but then I don't know what to do next!

I am using an 3G iPad 2' but I have no idea what I am to do.

If I try and send gmx to the device i cannot see any reference to it.

Q. Do I need another app as well.

Totally confused, please assist.

If you use the Geocaching app, you don't need that much.

Being a PM, you can set Pocket Queries of caches, acessing them with your iPad. But caching on nature with an iPad, sound a bad idea... sort of a disaster waiting to happen.

You should get an outdoor GPS, more suitable to rough terrain and weather conditions.

I am a Premium Member.

But I can sign on, search and see caches, but then I don't know what to do next!

I am using an 3G iPad 2' but I have no idea what I am to do.

If I try and send gmx to the device i cannot see any reference to it.

Q. Do I need another app as well.

Totally confused, please assist.

With no Geocaching App at all, you may visit a cache page, and open a map link (google maps), and Navigate to the cache. That will stick to street routing, so you'll need to pay attention to where it's sending you, if the cache is off-road. You can also do a satellite view, which may get you quite close to the cache, based on walls, fences, etc. But the cache page itself may be most important, once you're within 30 feet or so, when you look less at the GPS, and start the actual cache search. Good luck!

As ruidealmeida mentioned, if you like Geocaching, consider a dedicated hiking GPSr which will be much better suited to this.

Edited by kunarion

Thanks for the replies, but sorry I am still confused.

I appreciate what you say about using the iPad in the field, but it is well protected.

I can access a lot of caches I.e. near but can't seem to get a navigation page. I can see the map and or sat view , but thereare no directions to follow.

I can see where I need to go but that's all.

Am I missing something.

I also have a Hp travel companion with gps and having the same problem, what do I do next.

I assume you have some app on the iPad (because you're seeing the caches on map/sat view) - what app are you using for this?

Different apps do different things - I don't know if they all have a navigation screen (I've never used any app other than the official geocaching.com app). That app definitely has a navigation arrow pointing you which direction to go (or at least the $9.99 version does - I never tried the free version).

It sounds like you are just using your iPad to access the Geocaching website and viewing the caches there (correct me if I'm wrong). The website has no navigation function, you will need to download an app (like the official Groundspeak Geocaching app) to allow you to actually navigate to caches. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.

I am just doing as you say, so it looks like what I need is an app to navigate to the cache. I am as you guessed, just accessing the Geocaching site and caches.

Many thanks.

It sounds like you are just using your iPad to access the Geocaching website and viewing the caches there (correct me if I'm wrong). The website has no navigation function, you will need to download an app (like the official Groundspeak Geocaching app) to allow you to actually navigate to caches. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.