Top 13 Must-See US Post Offices by FOX News

They mentioned that two cities were served by boats, but didn't mention the second. There is a zip code that is the Detroit River and only served by boat. I wonder if that was the second?

My sister sends her Christmas cards to various Christmas Named cities each year to get a special postmark.

They mentioned that two cities were served by boats, but didn't mention the second. There is a zip code that is the Detroit River and only served by boat. I wonder if that was the second?

My sister sends her Christmas cards to various Christmas Named cities each year to get a special postmark.

The other town is Stehekin, WA (all of Stehekin is served by boat, as it is at the remote end of a 55 mile long lake). I was just up there last year. I should get around to Waymarking it. It's been on the list for a possible shut down, however. :(

The other town is Stehekin, WA (all of Stehekin is served by boat, as it is at the remote end of a 55 mile long lake). I was just up there last year. I should get around to Waymarking it. It's been on the list for a possible shut down, however. :(

Waymark it quick!

That is one of the great things we do - documenting history.

They mentioned that two cities were served by boats, but didn't mention the second. ........(snip)

The other town is Stehekin, WA ....(snip)

While Agnes in OR and Stehekin in WA may be the only towns served by boat there are other boat only mail routes.

Lewiston WA has one that has been running since 1919 up into Hell's Canyon. In fact you can ride along for the deliveries if you wish, similar to the mail boat tours to Agnes and Stehekin. Lewiston Mail Tour

And here is an interesting mail boat delivery location in Detroit that delivers to vessels anchored offshore. J.W. Westcott II Mailboat

Edited by TheBeanTeam