Bourton on the Water, Glos

If you've time then I'd recommend a quick dash to Crickley Hill (just south of Cheltenham). You won't have totally escaped the Cachewalker Mafia, as walk tall's got a couple of caches up there, but you will get great views over the escarpment, Gloucestershire's first cache, England's first Challenge (bring pen + print-outs of the two cards), plenty of favourites points to choose from and maybe even the chance to buy an overpriced ice lolly ;-) You'll need a pound or two for parking.

But of course I'm biased because some of the stuff up there is mine B)

It's a beautiful place to visit. When the Sun is out it's great to go have a paddle in the river. Often packed with tourists though, so any in the very centre can be tricky to retrieve.

I'll second the Wescote Wander series, the widest variety of containers / hides I have seen on a ring so far. A couple eluded me though, not through not being there, just hidden well. And also second I!'s recommendations.. after two visits I still have got one more colour / number to find :anicute:

I will add a further two series by fellow CacheWalker members.

Westcote Wander series

and

RAF Little Rissington

A CacheWalker series is always going to have a good walk with good views

Hi Tarmac! Hope you're keeping well and please send regards to Omis - thanks for the tips here - Moss8945 is researching the Westcote Wander series - it looks great - I can't wait - I will remember to take my camera along and get Moss to put something on Every Trail. Oh yes - I recently came across an hilarious photo of you on the W Mids forum - looks like a film shoot for a shampoo advert under that waterfall - I laughed out loud!!! Loved it!

It's a beautiful place to visit. When the Sun is out it's great to go have a paddle in the river. Often packed with tourists though, so any in the very centre can be tricky to retrieve.

I'll second the Wescote Wander series, the widest variety of containers / hides I have seen on a ring so far. A couple eluded me though, not through not being there, just hidden well. And also second I!'s recommendations.. after two visits I still have got one more colour / number to find :anicute:

Hi Gackt!

A zillion years ago I was at boarding school in nearby Lechlade, so it feels like I will be returning to some old haunts and I have always been fond of Bourton. We are staying overnight by the Motor Museum, so perhaps we can sneak out in our pyjamas when everyone has gone home so we can do any tricky ones in town!

The Westcote Wander series will be a definate must-do then - thanks for the tips x

If you've time then I'd recommend a quick dash to Crickley Hill (just south of Cheltenham). You won't have totally escaped the Cachewalker Mafia, as walk tall's got a couple of caches up there, but you will get great views over the escarpment, Gloucestershire's first cache, England's first Challenge (bring pen + print-outs of the two cards), plenty of favourites points to choose from and maybe even the chance to buy an overpriced ice lolly ;-) You'll need a pound or two for parking.

But of course I'm biased because some of the stuff up there is mine B)

Hi I!

Thanks for your reply - will def bear in mind, probably when we are en-route back home, (hopefully we will have a pound or two left after doing the Bourton pubs!) If not it will be a perfectly good reason to come back again as we don't really live very far away so have no excuse! Thanks, I really appreciate your local knowledge x

SatelliteStar

I completed the Westcote Wander series earlier this week. Nice walk, some interesting caches, and....here's the bonus....they're all there at the moment! Starts and finishes in a village that time's forgotten!

Thanks Team Airtomoreira - I did notice your logs whilst researching - good to know they're all there - thanks for adding to the recommendation ... I like interesting caches, so am keen to do them x

Westcote Wander is my series, but it's not as good as the ones I recommended :laughing: Be warned that the paths are a little boggy though :unsure:

I want to do them ALL Griff Grof !!!

I wonder how many can be done in 3 days ... will def have to come back and finish off if we cant get them all done in one weekend. Appreciate all your tips - including bog alert. (wont be packing the stilettos !) :):o:huh::(

Edited by SatelliteStar