strange people at GC3MBJ1 Navigation Wall

Mini-Tap

Hi, just making folk aware of the other use GZ at this cache provides. I parked here around 8 30pm on 20aug, and found the place seemingly deserted, bat a few parked cars. When I made my way around the bush, bout 10mts from gz, there were a number of men loitering about, and I won't mention here, or ever, what 2 of them were doing. All I'll say is they found their own gz.

I made a quick getaway, won't try this cache again. But I think it only fair that cachers, and especially those with small ones, be made aware that this is a hang out for members of the gay community. I have e mailed lisboyboy (CO) about it, so maybe he will address issue, but I don't know what can be done. Thanks, Mini-tap out.

If you have issues about the suitability of any cache location, the thing to do is put something on the cache page. Not just e-mail the CO privately. That way, anyone considering searching for it will be suitably forewarned... just e-mailing the CO won't help anyone in the way you intend.

If you have serious issues about the suitability of a location you should raise a Needs Archived note to bring the issue to the attention of the reviewers - who will then make a decision based on the information available to them.

While well-intentioned, posting about it here, may not necessarily bring your concerns to the people who need to know about it or act upon it.

What mellers said.

I know that this is a well-intentioned thread and appreciate the sentiment, but I haven't a clue where Navigation Wall is: I guess that it's somewhere in the UK otherwise you'd have posted in a different forum, but I doubt that many can be bothered to look it up with no link provided. Me included.

Chances of anyone reading this thread having this particular cache on their "to do" list are pretty much zero. The place to take up this issue is the cache listing page.

But don't be put off starting threads here that are relevant to UK geocachers in general!

What mellers said.

I know that this is a well-intentioned thread and appreciate the sentiment, but I haven't a clue where Navigation Wall is: I guess that it's somewhere in the UK otherwise you'd have posted in a different forum, but I doubt that many can be bothered to look it up with no link provided. Me included.

Chances of anyone reading this thread having this particular cache on their "to do" list are pretty much zero. The place to take up this issue is the cache listing page.

But don't be put off starting threads here that are relevant to UK geocachers in general!

Thanks Happy Humphrey,

Navigation Wall is in Cork, Ireland. Put it up here as its UK and Ireland forum. I will write a note on it and see what happens, appreciate the advice

I suppose one other question would be whether this was a regular haunt for such activities, or whether you stumbled into a one-off meeting.

I think it must be a regular haunt, it is pretty secluded. Another finder had mentioned as much. Anyway, i won't be visiting again