Logging a cache as "needs maintenance"

Chino1130

Yup, they are different things.

People could post a needs maintenance when they found a chewed up film can, but don't want to claim that as a find.

People could post a needs maintenance when they have already found a cache, and come across it again in a bad state and obviously don't want to claim an additional find.

Therefore it makes sense to have separate logs for each thing.

2 different logs.

It would be nice if there was a check box for the times when you're logging a find as well as NM, and do it all with one log entry. I seem to remember this is a requested feature, but it hasn't been implemented.

Would be nice if there was a check mark labelled "Did you actually find it and it needed maintenance?"

The NM feature is a pain for me as most of the time, it just that the cacher couldn't find it.

2 different logs.

It would be nice if there was a check box for the times when you're logging a find as well as NM, and do it all with one log entry. I seem to remember this is a requested feature, but it hasn't been implemented.

Would be nice if there was a check mark labelled "Did you actually find it and it needed maintenance?"

The NM feature is a pain for me as most of the time, it just that the cacher couldn't find it.

I agree.

2 different logs.

I DO NOT AGREE. If there was a check box for needs maintenance, it would be too easy and there is a possibility that they would not even give a reason that they feel it needs maintenance. I would rather have a separate log so the person would think about whether it was a serious problem and whether it is worthwhile placing the NM log. The separate log also forces them to write something, hopefully giving the reason for their log. Having a reason helps me decide how serious the problem is, and whether it needs immediate action. I have seen too many NM logs which were not urgent and saying things like

* Log sheet is full so I wrote on back of info sheet

* Log sheet was a little moist so I had to use a pen.

* Cache is missing must have been muggled

I think that instead there should be a message after you press enter, saying something like: "Does the cache actually need maintenance? Is it problem regarding the condition of the cache or that affects the life of that cache, or its placement or the ability of others to find and/or log the cache?"

PA