Sending co-ordinates

kirstyab

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm new to geocaching and was wondering if iwas being completely stupid but i do not have a clue of how to send the co-ordinates to my blackberry.

I have downloaded an app called blackstar but i dont know if that's the right thing or not.

Would be extremely grateful if someone could please help me

Thanks

Kirsty xx

Don't own a Blackberry. You'll get a real response soon, but in the mean time.. have oyu tried "Send to phone" on the cache description page?

If you click that button, you'll see it only does something if you're using the "Trimble Outdoors" software.

Yeah i have tried that and nothing happens :(

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm new to geocaching and was wondering if iwas being completely stupid but i do not have a clue of how to send the co-ordinates to my blackberry.

I have downloaded an app called blackstar but i dont know if that's the right thing or not.

Would be extremely grateful if someone could please help me

Thanks

Kirsty xx

I did a Google search for "how to send the co-ordinates to my blackberry". In addition to this thread on the Blackberry forums:

http://forums.crackberry.com/gps-mapping-f41/entering-gps-coordinates-manually-187641/

Google's results included this thread here on the GS forums:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=293810

B.

I have a Blackberry and use the Trimble Geocaching Navigator application. This is a 'live' application,

and when the GPS on the phone is working (or talking to the s/w...) it'll let me search for caches near me,

and see most of the info you'd see on your computer screen, including coordinates, description, hints, and logs.

I can also search by address, or GC code, if I need more info for something I'm looking for using my 60csx, which

is decidedly not-paperless. I can 'log' a cache as found or not found and this will leave a timestamped link on

my field notes, which makes it easy to create the logs once I return to the computer, in the proper order and dated.

I use the 60csx as my primary device, loading caches with GPX files or one-by-one from the computer, as new ones come

out or I know I'm going to a certain area. When travelling elsewhere I can look up what's nearby and either use the

phone itself or transfer the info to the 60csx and use that. One benefit over the garmin is that when I've searched

for caches, the screen will show a running update of distance from where I am, INCLUDING direction (as in N or SE) where

the garmin will just give me a distance, and I've got to click into that cache to see where it is and how far away.

I only wish that I could specify a preferred direction, or it'd calculate that while I'm moving....when on a road I really

want to see what's ahead of me, not to the sides or behind...

I tried a demo on the Blackstar app once but didn't figure it out. There's also a CacheSense app that I believe can run live

as well. I don't need to store caches on the BB....if I have reception I can always do another search and specify location,

cache type, number of caches, etc...and you can save those searches, although I can not figure out how to DELETE a saved search.