Puzzle Cache - Stuck on this

jaackla

Me and my girlfriend and been trying to figure out how to solve this, but we have no clue were to start solving this, we went to the coordinates but then we read dont go here unless you have figured out the clue, and we are just so stuck so if anyone can help i will be most thankful, here is a link to the toppic

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/

Edited by Keystone
link to cache removed by moderator

Me and my girlfriend and been trying to figure out how to solve this, but we have no clue were to start solving this, we went to the coordinates but then we read dont go here unless you have figured out the clue, and we are just so stuck so if anyone can help i will be most thankful, here is a link to the toppic

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/[removed]

As a brand new cacher you need to know several things about puzzle caches: first read everything including all logs. Second if you need a hint, write the cache owner. When you do be sure to tell him what you have tried so he knows where you became stuck. Thirdly DO NOT ask for help in the forums. It is a violation of the terms of use of Geocaching.com.

The hard part of any puzzle is HOW to solve it. Once you know that getting the actual solution is often trivial, so when you ask HOW to solve it you are really asking for the solution.

Lastly, you will have more fun if you stick with easier caches until you have gained some experience caching. Difficulty 1 thru 3 will give you plenty of challenges and fun.

Welcome to caching, have a great time with it!

Edited by GeoTrekker26

According to section 4 of the geocaching.com terms of use, "You agree not to: [...] (m) Publish, on any Groundspeak owned web property, the solutions, hints, spoilers, or any hidden coordinates for any geocache without consent from the cache owner." However, here are some general puzzle tips (based in part on a puzzle-solving class event presented by The Rat a while ago):

Identify the theme. Check the cache title, the hint, the HTML source, the graphics (including names/URLs), any links (including URLs), whatever is at the posted coordinates, etc. If you can figure out the theme, then you should look for numbering systems that are associated with that theme (zip codes, athletes’ jersey numbers, episode numbers, product codes, etc.).

Around here, coordinates will have 15 digits, and will look like "N 37° xx.xxx W 122° xx.xxx". So when I'm solving a nearby puzzle, I look for a group of 15 things, and then I look for ways to get the digits 37xxxxx122xxxxx from them. In general, I look for ways to get the number 37 (or the digits 3 and 7) from something near the beginning of the puzzle, and the number 122 (or the digits 1, 2, and 2) from something near the middle of the puzzle. (Of course, you'll need to adjust this for the coordinates near you.)

Other useful resources include:

Puzzle Solving 101 Series (bookmark list)

Puzzle Shortcuts Series (bookmark list)

Solving Puzzle Caches (online article)

How Do I Solve All These $@! Puzzle Caches? (tutorial-style puzzle cache)

Puzzle FUNdamentals (archived event cache) and the Puzzle FUNdamentals resources on the GeocacheAlaska! education page

The GBA's Puzzle Cache FAQ (for puzzle designers, but useful for understanding how puzzle caches work)

If you’re interested in extremely challenging puzzles, then consider the online discussions of Venona’s ACTIVITIES in the GBA forums. The puzzles for this annual event are very challenging, intended to be solved by multiple people working together online. (You'll need to register on the GBA site to view these forum threads.)

Overview: Venona's 2011 ACTIVITIES

Overview: Venona's 2012 ACTIVITIES