Be an elitist snob like me.

Roman!

I thought I was an elitist snob, but I just discovered that I only have 4 caches on my ignore list, two of which are archived. I'm useless! What sort of elitist snob has less than 1000 caches on his ignore list, anyway? I hang my head in shame.

I have none on my ignore list, I have people that ignore caches I don't like for me.

Ive never insulted you, I use to have premium membership, but let it expire, I do like the numbers, it might only be $30.00 to some people, but its still a little hard to scrape up, Ive been idle on the finds lately, but with fall coming will get back started, would love a membership to get back going, if not so be it, but it would be nice.

My vote goes to TL&MinBHIL. For being honest about the $30 and for talking about his/her great great grandma. :cry: And for having hundreds of finds. With someone like that, you know your money will get put to good use.

We can vote, right? :bad:

Thanks Incredibles, I'll accept your vote whether it counts or not. :D And I wasn't trying to offer a sob story with the whole Great Great Grandparents thing. I just figured since others were giving their reasons why they think they should get it, I'd do something different and share a memorable experience made possible through Geocaching. I couldn't be happier that it lead us where it did. Not to mention all the other great places we've discovered while caching, many of which were "right in our back yard," passed by countless times and probably never would've known were there otherwise. Sometimes it's more than just finding a hidden container & signing a piece of paper.

Here's your chance to be an elitist snob like me, I will be giving away a free 1 year premium membership, no strings atatched........almost.

If you've ever complained about premier membership then you're out. If it's not about the numbers then you're out. If you've ever insulted me then you're out. If you've ever thought about calling me a name then you're out.

If you are still in then post why I should spend $30 on you, I will announce a winner Saturday August 25th and upgrade that person to elitist snob at the same time.

Hint: I have a wicked sense of humour but I also have a very soft heart.

We were granted a 1 month access by a kind reviewer after trying to place a cache which was too near a member only cache and he felt we'd have a better chance at finding a place with the access. Our 30 day "membership access stuff" runs out soon. After this time we will be going back to "free member status" We submitted a new hide, but its still under review. I've never complained as there is no reason. That will be a little bringdown, but we'll still keep cachin although being realistic, probably not as much.

This month has been optimum fun with 60 smilies weve been very happy and active. We thwarted many a muggle, measured the water temp and ph balance at our first earth cache, got my first case of poison ivy, and got to be seen in public wearing a goofy red rain poncho. We went to our first event caches, blew bubbles with about a hundred other cachers at a cache day flash mob and decided we realy want to keep doing all this super funstuff, except the poison ivy, and the public poncho.

Why you should spend $30 bucks on me: If this offends you I apologise: I dont think someone can be an elitest or a snob if they gift someone with a year of membership =)

Guess I'm out and to me it really is not about the numbers. Except for my post count which now has a whopping 1 post! Thanks for my first post.

ETA: actually I do want higher stats :P but mostly it's for the fun and adventure. I used to go with friends and didn't have an account here so most of what I've found was never logged.

Edited by BorderC

TL&MinBHIL

It does not show the updated status on the forum yet, but does on their profile.

We won? Sweet! I checked this thread yesterday and saw you said you'd announce the winner at 9pm, but we were out with friends all night and didn't get a chance to check again. This caught me off guard, we never win anything. I don't even have a speech prepared. Let's see...I'd like to thank all the little people...no wait, I'm an elitist snob now, I don't have to thank anyone. :laughing: Obviously I'm kidding.

Roman, my family & I thank you, it's very generous of you to do this for a stranger. I hope we can pay it forward some day. Don't make me get all mushy, it'll ruin my rough, manly image. We're going to grab a few caches today while running errands and I've already been searching the area for some PM only caches. We're eager to put the new features to good use. I still have to learn about everything that comes with PM. I've only ever seen other people talking about Pocket Queries here in the forum and to be honest, they seem a bit confusing, but I'm sure I'll catch on.

Again, thanks Roman, it's greatly appreciated. And yes, we do intend to put it to good use.

TL&MinBHIL

It does not show the updated status on the forum yet, but does on their profile.

We won? Sweet! I checked this thread yesterday and saw you said you'd announce the winner at 9pm, but we were out with friends all night and didn't get a chance to check again. This caught me off guard, we never win anything. I don't even have a speech prepared. Let's see...I'd like to thank all the little people...no wait, I'm an elitist snob now, I don't have to thank anyone. :laughing: Obviously I'm kidding.

Roman, my family & I thank you, it's very generous of you to do this for a stranger. I hope we can pay it forward some day. Don't make me get all mushy, it'll ruin my rough, manly image. We're going to grab a few caches today while running errands and I've already been searching the area for some PM only caches. We're eager to put the new features to good use. I still have to learn about everything that comes with PM. I've only ever seen other people talking about Pocket Queries here in the forum and to be honest, they seem a bit confusing, but I'm sure I'll catch on.

Again, thanks Roman, it's greatly appreciated. And yes, we do intend to put it to good use.

The last line is what I wanted to hear, enjoy. When I started this thread I had a few too many beers but in hindsight I'm glad I did.

When I started this thread I had a few too many beers but in hindsight I'm glad I did.

So what you're saying is, you enjoy giving away money (or things with monetary value in this case) after you've had too much to drink? Well then, want to go out drinking?

Congrats TL&MinBHIL and 3 cheers for Roman! :D

Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your vote. I hope no one demands a recount. :mad: