Be an elitist snob like me.

Roman!

Here's your chance to be an elitist snob like me, I will be giving away a free 1 year premium membership, no strings atatched........almost.

If you've ever complained about premier membership then you're out. If it's not about the numbers then you're out. If you've ever insulted me then you're out. If you've ever thought about calling me a name then you're out.

If you are still in then post why I should spend $30 on you, I will announce a winner Saturday August 25th and upgrade that person to elitist snob at the same time.

Hint: I have a wicked sense of humour but I also have a very soft heart.

Here's your chance to be an elitist snob like me, I will be giving away a free 1 year premium membership, no strings atatched........almost.

If you've ever complained about premier membership then you're out. If it's not about the numbers then you're out. If you've ever insulted me then you're out. If you've ever thought about calling me a name then you're out.

If you are still in then post why I should spend $30 on you, I will announce a winner Saturday August 25th and upgrade that person to elitist snob at the same time.

Sounds a great idea as I've always thought Premium Membership was a bit expensive...

DOH!!

- Because I love premium membership, I have it already another year would be awesome and I'd buy it anyway, proving I love it.

- Numbers rock.

- 100% sure I've never insulted you and you're obviously a very nice person so why would I call you any names??

You should spend it so I can spend next years 30 dollars finding lots more caches (ie petrol money) to up my numbers :laughing:

Edited by littlegemsy

I have never complained about a premium Membership and if you think I did, you misunderstood completely, I am one of the most misunderstood people on the planet.

It certainly is not about the numbers, you can see my count and there are only 56 caches available in my cacheing circle, so it can't be about numbers, nope, it can't be. unh unh, nope, I hope to do the ET Trail someday but it certainly won't be for the numbers.

A chance to mindlessly find a cache every 528 feet for hours (days) on end, Who can resist?

I might do it without the numbers, sure I might.

I have never insulted you, I have checked my memory (what there is of it)and can find no evidence of it, if you remember it, your memory is suspect because I would remember, this is just too important to not remember.

I have never thought about calling you a name, name calling sometimes happens without thought but I have never just thought about it, I would remember.

If someone else wins the contest, it might happen that I think about it but not likely because I am the most deserving person you would ever hope to meet and I would never think about calling anyone a name, I would remember.

I have never told a lie either, I would remember.

You can end the contest now and send me my tribute now, why waste all that time?

Oooh, I have to add the following to my plea:

Puss_in_boots.jpg

I would never, never, never resort to such low-down, underhanded, sneaky tactics as this,

You may send your tribute to me any time now.

Where did you get that photo of me?

Well, this may sound odd, but... I talked to this donkey...

Chilehead - an extra year can't hurt :anibad:

52 year old grandmother of 6, just starting caching with Grandchildren - Never had a premium membership, really want to learn more and pass it along to them. and I am leaving on a week long caching trip on the 26th to celebrate my 29th wedding anniversary.

Edited by YaYaX6

"If it's not about the numbers then you're out."

I'm out based on this one. I may need to think about calling you some name now. dry.gif

I should probably take the one about the numbers out.

Now that I think of it maybe I should take out the one about wanting to call me names too.

52 year old grandmother of 6, just starting caching with Grandchildren - Never had a premium membership, really want to learn more and pass it along

to them.

Well, I will tell you the reasons we should get the membership, even though I really think YaYaX6 should get it!

#1 ~ Here is the found it log for the one cache we found tonight:

We had to get at least one on International Geocaching Day! We saved this one in case of an emergency for when we needed to find one quick on a special day, and we really had to use it today!

Our weekend caching roadtrip to DE & MD didn't materialize due to the cachemobile stranding us a mile from home yesterday on our way out of town - we didn't get very far, lol. It was towed to the garage for an overnight stay (and leaving my pocketbook $398.04 lighter today). SO glad my mechanic works on Saturdays when he has to - he's the best! I'm thankful that the alternator decided to burn to a crisp so close to home and not 100+ miles from home while in DE or MD :) We had the route and caches all planned out - will save for another weekend roadtrip :)

And that's the story of why we ended up getting this one today! Thanks for placing it here!

TFTC!

#2 ~ Our premium membership ends in 10 days ... after paying for the cachemobile, we need something positive to happen :P

We still really think YaYaX6 should get it (but we won't refuse it ;) )

$30 for a years membership is nothing, why complain either pay it or dont. $30 is about £18 and ill spend that on beer for 1 ok night out. £18 for a year of fun supporting something that is genuinely great fun, good for you and gets the family out for me is worth every penny.

Doh sadly I'm already paid up! B)

Seems you have a lot of replies. Ok here it goes:

1: I'm a new member not even a month in

2: I have my first GPS and ca't even get descriptions on it!

3: All I want to do is up my numbers and this would greatly help

4: I am working on hiding my first three caches and would name them all after you

5: I am trying to spread the word of geocaching to friends and a premium membership would help a lot

6: I never called you a name, I never did anything bad to you, I am in it for the numbers, I've never complained about it, and I have not been a member yet.

7: I am neat

8: I am organized

9: I am adventurous

10: You're awesome

11: You're incredible

12: You're my idol (unless that's creepy, then your not)

13: I'm going somewhere with a lot and need your help.

14: I came back and edited with more great stuff!

15: I have a cat picture( would you rather it be dog? I'll make it a dog!)

16: I recently busted a USB port on my computer and could use some good fortune

17: I want to take my little brother out and need to be able to find them faster ( more info on the GPS) so he doesn't get bored

18: I have come back to correct typos just for you

19: Absolutely none of these are ridiculous

20: I know someone who can't count but still thinks it's about the numbers

21: I used no caps lock in here to keep it looking pretty

22: edited at 10 oh two. (rhymes)

Brayto is Out...for being an overachiever!!!

The only reason to get a Premium Membership is for Off-Topic...all other items and abilities are just bonus!!!

(PS...that mean I should get it in order to extend my premium membership...I am the 1%!!!)

I think Roman! should gift me because he never apologized for implying he'd never want to meet me because I said scrolling FTF banners on cache pages are annoying. :laughing: No hard feelings. Nothing $30 can't fix.

Nah, but maybe I'll buy you a beer sometime.

In that case, I'll also say scrolling FTF banners on cache pages are annoying. :anicute:

I think I'm out on multiple counts.

Well I'll toss my hat in.

I am currently looking for a job and am a certified Bartender. Need a someone to bartend a party? I'll do it for free for you. As for calling you names. How about these?

Kind

Generous

Kingly

Gentlemanly

Oh and I still haven't got a GPSr yet as I cant afford one. I'm broke.

1. New geocachers should be required to find 300 caches before being allowed to hide one.

2. Micros are the bane of geocaching.

3. Bring back the virts! ... or ... Don't bring back the virts! Whichever is more elitist.

4. New posters need to learn to use the search function.

5. P&G caches are for phoners.

6. Read the guidelines, noob.

7. I deserve more than "TFTC".

8. Look who's at the top of this list.

There. That should pretty much peg the elite-o-meter.

I'm going to add my name to the list since there aren't very many non-Premium Members who have posted. Even though it would add to your elitist snobishness by giving it to an existing Prem. Member, I think it'd benefit a non-PM more and it'd make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside. I won't say that I "can't afford it" because just about anyone can find a way to come up with $30. If you own a GPSr or a smartphone, there's a pretty good chance you can afford a $30 membership. So I'm not going to use that line. It's just not something I wanted to pay for right now because we already have a lot of fun caching without it. But if someone wanted to generously give my family & I Prem. Membership, we surely wouldn't complain. Now that the weather is finally cooling down (we're in IL and have suffered through the extreme heat and drought), we'll be getting back out to do more caching. By the way, did you see how I subliminally tugged on your heartstrings there with the whole heat & drought bit? Of course you didn't, it was subliminal.

I'll end this by sharing my most memorable caching experience. Memorable because it lead me to some rich family history that I more than likely never would have known without Geocaching. We were planning a cache outing and I had literally randomly picked a town on the map because there were several caches in the area and it was along the Mississippi river, which often ends up being quite a scenic drive. A couple of the caches were in the local cemetery that turned out to be the coolest looking cemetery we've ever been to. Upon our return home, I had bragged to some family about the interesting location we had found and as it turned out, my Great Great Grandparents were buried in that very cemetery, along with a few other family members. We ate at a restaurant while on our outing and the land that that restaurant stood on was the very location of my Great Great Grandparents farm. My Great Great Grandpa ferried people across the river on his small flat-bottom boat because the larger ferry nearby was expensive. His wife, my Great Great Grandma, tended to the travelers' horses while they were across the river. While there, we visited the nearby lock & dam in the neighboring town. My Great Grandpa, who worked on a dredging barge, helped to build that very lock & dam that's still in operation today. Even though it's about a 2 hour drive, we went back after finding out the family history & significance it held. I wanted to return to find my family's grave site and to see everything through new eyes. If it hadn't been for Geocaching, we would have never gone there, I would have never mentioned it to my family, and I probably would have never known the things I've learned.

Anyway, what you're doing here is great. You might want to be careful though, you can't come off as an elitist snob if you keep doing things like this.

Need a someone to bartend a party? I'll do it for free for you.

Oh and I still haven't got a GPSr yet as I cant afford one. I'm broke.

Maybe that's why you're broke. :anibad: Sorry, couldn't resist.

1. New geocachers should be required to find 300 caches before being allowed to hide one.

2. Micros are the bane of geocaching.

3. Bring back the virts! ... or ... Don't bring back the virts! Whichever is more elitist.

4. New posters need to learn to use the search function.

5. P&G caches are for phoners.

6. Read the guidelines, noob.

7. I deserve more than "TFTC".

8. Look who's at the top of this list.

There. That should pretty much peg the elite-o-meter.

You win, except I want to give it to someone that's not a premium member but if I get a chance I'll buy you a beer too.

Brayto is Out...for being an overachiever!!!

The only reason to get a Premium Membership is for Off-Topic...all other items and abilities are just bonus!!!

(PS...that mean I should get it in order to extend my premium membership...I am the 1%!!!)

Wow! I had no idea of that bonus elite perk! I signed up for the three month trial membership so I've always been able to see the Off-Topic area...this is really quite thrilling! :anibad:

After that exciting bonus, I will just say, 'Thank you!' to Roman!; what more could I possibly wish for?! :grin:

I won't say that I "can't afford it" because just about anyone can find a way to come up with $30. If you own a GPSr or a smartphone, there's a pretty good chance you can afford a $30 membership. So I'm not going to use that line.

My vote goes to TL&MinBHIL. For being honest about the $30 and for talking about his/her great great grandma. :cry: And for having hundreds of finds. With someone like that, you know your money will get put to good use.

We can vote, right? :bad:

I won't say that I "can't afford it" because just about anyone can find a way to come up with $30. If you own a GPSr or a smartphone, there's a pretty good chance you can afford a $30 membership. So I'm not going to use that line.

My vote goes to TL&MinBHIL. For being honest about the $30 and for talking about his/her great great grandma. :cry: And for having hundreds of finds. With someone like that, you know your money will get put to good use.

We can vote, right? :bad:

Thanks, actually I'd appreciate any votes.

Official rules: no mods, no premium members, that's it.

Because blowing thirty bucks on me is better than a swift kick to the nuts, lol.

I gave a Premium Membership out once to a pretty barefoot girl in a tree. But I'm a sucker for pretty barefoot female treeclimbers.

great, now Katniss has a membership, next Hermione will want one and then before you know it, Cinderella.

Edited by lamoracke