Geocaching for Iphone 5.0 Release Notes

nkroy

I like the Update, but I really think It's a bug that you can't change the language from the app, but have to do it on the device?

I would like my app language to be Swedish, but my device must remin Danish...

Edited by LBJM

Today suddenly my avetar disapeard and my count is zero. Also my name isn't shown. So for no big deal, but I had saved a lot of caches including mysteries including the answer. This is also gone :(. I tried a different account, and in this one the name does show (There are no finds and no avetar on that account). Any idees how to get my saved caches back?

Got this new update. Having an issue. When I go to the "saved" tab at the bottom and click on one of the Pocket Queries that I have downloaded, I get the loading caches bar and then the caches show up. If I click on one of the caches I get a page that says null values and nothing is there. Then when I click back to page that should show the list of nearby caches, it says I have no data loaded...as if there are no queries downloaded in the first place. The only way to have the queries show up again is to do a hard reset of the iPhone.

After a hard reset, the software works fine for about an hour and then I get the same error and have to do a hard reset again.

I even tried erasing all the pocket queries and reloading the phone with newly created queries. Same issue. works for about an hour then crashes.

I just noticed that Hidde109 is having the same issues that I am having.

You can add a favorite point after selecting 'Found It.'

I don't know if this is the place to mention (or if someone else already mentioned it)....

After clicking FOUND and you enter a message - SAVE & CLOSE.

RE-OPEN the log and EDIT - noticed some things that you can't do while editing a log after being saved.

You can't VISIT a trackable (you can only Drop)

You can't add a Favorite point ....

I guess I just figured you should be able to do everything the same in the EDIT as you can on the original log entry.

Thanks!!

Love this app & have used it HEAPS over the past year but am having issues since installing the update, same as Hidde109 & Rrrbt202

The app works fine when I install it; next day - nope. Finds are re-set to 0, avatar gone, no longer a premium member & no saved caches. Logging out & re-logging in doesn't help. Deleting & re-installing gets things humming again ... until the next day. :( I've deleted & re-installed the app about 6-7 times now & getting increasingly frustrated.

Anyone know I can turn back the clock & re-install the un-updated previous version??

Thanks!

Edited by kiwis69

I re-discovered a bug in the app:

When opening a cache-page from another link, it opens safari and asks whether to view on www.geocaching.com or on the geocaching app. You choose the app, but then it just goes to the app homepage, instead of going to the cache you were linking to.

I re-discovered a bug in the app:

When opening a cache-page from another link, it opens safari and asks whether to view on www.geocaching.com or on the geocaching app. You choose the app, but then it just goes to the app homepage, instead of going to the cache you were linking to.

+1

Love this app & have used it HEAPS over the past year but am having issues since installing the update, same as Hidde109 & Rrrbt202

The app works fine when I install it; next day - nope. Finds are re-set to 0, avatar gone, no longer a premium member & no saved caches. Logging out & re-logging in doesn't help. Deleting & re-installing gets things humming again ... until the next day. :( I've deleted & re-installed the app about 6-7 times now & getting increasingly frustrated.

Anyone know I can turn back the clock & re-install the un-updated previous version??

Thanks!

Try look for it in folder itunes/itunesmedia/mobile applications

Updated to the GM for iOS 6 and I have used and loved this app for a while now. The update is very nice and takes advantage of the retina display much better now...it's much easer on my eyes. Below is a list of feedback that i have for you guys.

- I noticed the app incorrectly references the map types now under the settings when you are selecting the map type you want to use (it's no longer google maps) also you guys should look into if your aloud to download and cache this map data now. I also just noticed that there is a google logo in the bottom right of this window...i don't think we need that cluttering up our beautiful iPhone 5 screen when we get it B)

- When you save a cache for offline it would be nice to have an option to download all of the caches pictures (there currently is but it never works for me)

- It would be nice to be able to post pictures when I log a trackable (esp. with trackable week coming up) some people were talking about it at the link below

[FEATURE] Adding picture/trackable to a fieldnote log. #1

But if theres one thing you guys could update it's gotta be the compass screen. The menus and such got updated but the compass looks old, dated and not using retina quality graphics. It would also be nice to use a different font on this page and remove the backdrop on the text, it makes it hard to read sometimes. I think you could even add a navigation tab which would allow you to look and hints and logs with out having to keep switching in and out of navigating to the cache.

Hope this helps out guys, keep making the best geocaching app out there!

Hello there! :D

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great work that Groundspeak and the Lackeys do! We appreciate the continued updates to the website and the app and the addition of new features.

One thing that I've noticed with the iPhone app (both current and past versions) - on the "Saved" tab, under "My Souvenirs", the date for when the souvenir was found seems to appear as the date the cache was logged, rather than the date it was actually found.

For example, if I find a cache on September 1st, but don't get around to logging it online until September 8th, it shows that I "found" the souvenir on the 8th, even though I enter the correct date of the 1st when logging the find. It doesn't cause any problem with functionality in the app, just doesn't seem to display correctly. My first souvenir was "found" a day before I even created my Geocaching account. I've also had souvenirs display as "Found tomorrow" or even with a nonexistent date, like "September 33rd, 2017". Hadn't seen this issue mentioned before, so I just thought I'd bring it up. Again, thanks for all the great work! Looking forward to future updates!

Thanks!

Update: have re-installed this app following the latest update & no longer having any problems - yeah! Thanks to Groundspeak for fixing the bugs!! :D :D