Personal note to TB owner

GisnLiz

I thought I was sending a note to a 6yr old boy tracking his TB but the note has come up on the page of cache I found it in. I can't seem to delete this - what did I do wrong? GisnLiz

If you're on the cache page and choose the "write note" option, it's a public note everyone on the cache page can read. If you want to contact the kid and send them a personal note, you should go to the trackable's page and click on the owner's name to go to their profile and choose the option to send a personal message instead.

There's no general reason to be concerned about a personal note being posted on the TB page. You can speak to the owner privately if you want, of course, and others have describe how, but don't avoid using the log just because you think it's inappropriate for a personal remark. And before you delete your unintentional log, consider whether it is, in fact, a perfectly reasonable addition to the TB's history.

And to delete the Note log you accidentally put on the cache page, just go back to where you see the note on the page, click underneath where it says, "Edit log", click on the red cross, then confirm you want to make the deletion... and it's gone.

MrsB

I appreciate your reply, thankyou.

The note I thought was going to the boy tracking the TB is entered on the cache page under heading "Personal cache note", above the description of the cache - not where I logged finding the cache. There is no "edit log" under my note. I guess this page is presented by the cache owner.Do I need to try contact him/her for them to delete it?

And to delete the Note log you accidentally put on the cache page, just go back to where you see the note on the page, click underneath where it says, "Edit log", click on the red cross, then confirm you want to make the deletion... and it's gone.

MrsB

The note I thought was going to the boy tracking the TB is entered on the cache page under heading "Personal cache note", above the description of the cache - not where I logged finding the cache. There is no "edit log" under my note. I guess this page is presented by the cache owner.Do I need to try contact him/her for them to delete it?

That is a space for you to write your own personal cache note. To eliminate it simply click on the field and you can delete the text.

MrsB

That is a space for you to write your own personal cache note. To eliminate it simply click on the field and you can delete the text.

Ahhhhhhh! OK lightbulb.gif ... You did a 'personal cache note', not a 'Write Note' log.

You can get rid of that as WRASTRO describes above. Don't worry - Personal Cache Notes are only visible to you, not to the cache owner or anyone else.

MrsB

MrsB

Ahhhhhhh! OK lightbulb.gif ... You did a 'personal cache note', not a 'Write Note' log.

You can get rid of that as WRASTRO describes above. Don't worry - Personal Cache Notes are only visible to you, not to the cache owner or anyone else.

MrsB

Many thanks, have now deleted note. I was concerned it was on cache page open to view yet not relevant to the cache itself. all sorted now, thanks to all who replied, we're still learning the game!!

MrsB

MrsB

Many thanks, have now deleted note. I was concerned it was on cache page open to view yet not relevant to the cache itself. all sorted now, thanks to all who replied, we're still learning the game!!

It does feel good to be able to help fellow cachers when the opportunity arises. B) Have fun out there!