New cache type

MEKABoyer

I think that the current unknown cache type should be changed to puzzle caches and a new type be created strictly for "challenge" caches, ie. find ten caches in one day to log this, or delorme challenge, or caches in 2 countries...the list goes on and on. I hate doing a pocket query for unknowns and having a crap load of "challenges" come up, I like the puzzles and would like to filter them as such.

I'm pretty sure it's been asked for before.

I like the idea of "Challenge Caches" being a separate icon or type or something to make them stand out from the other "? Unknown" caches.

Challenge Caches have their own set of guidelines, so it makes sense that they be a separate cache type.

B.

GSAK users have an easy work around. Setup your PQ for "not on my ignore list", dump your PQ into GSAK, filter for the word Challenge in the name, then use the api menu to send them to your ignore list. Delete them from GSAK and you should never see them again.

I think that the current unknown cache type should be changed to puzzle caches and a new type be created strictly for "challenge" caches, ie. find ten caches in one day to log this, or delorme challenge, or caches in 2 countries...the list goes on and on. I hate doing a pocket query for unknowns and having a crap load of "challenges" come up, I like the puzzles and would like to filter them as such.

I think it's worth noting that Challenge cache are quite regional in nature. If I do a search for caches in a 50 mile radius there is only one cache that I know of that would be considered a Challenge cache. I am, in general, opposed to enacting a global change in how the site works to address what is basically a regional issue.

Don't forget that the blue ? Icon also covers bonus caches for trails, night caches, chirp caches, field puzzles and an awful lot more besides. Where do you draw the line?

I get round it using GSAK by having a custom text field in my database called MysteryCacheType, with a one word answer as to what sort of cache it is. Not the most elegant solution but it suits me.

Also, what would you call it, now we have Geocaching Challenges?

Don't forget that the blue ? Icon also covers bonus caches for trails, night caches, chirp caches, field puzzles and an awful lot more besides. Where do you draw the line?

I get round it using GSAK by having a custom text field in my database called MysteryCacheType, with a one word answer as to what sort of cache it is. Not the most elegant solution but it suits me.

Also, what would you call it, now we have Geocaching Challenges?

Even though the term "challenge cache" predates "geocaching challenges", I think it would be confusing to have the two similar names.