Legacy Waymarks

GT.US

I was driving through town and noticed many of the waymarks I have created are no longer there. I just updated a dozen or so to legacy status. Three were beautiful on Neon Signs. So sad to see them go, but happy they were documented before it was too late.

Interesting about the neon signs. They require a glassblower to shape the tubes and electricians to install and maintain them as they work at 10's of thousands of volts. Nowadays, signwriters have almost complete control over the signmaking process with flexible LED strips operating at perhaps 12 Volts. A sharp knife to cut off what you want completes the process. The power supply is far simpler. I have a sample blue LED strip that can be bent quite severely and is quite bright. But I will say it does lack some of that neon fluorescence. Little wonder neon are disappearing and some now becoming heritage items.

Things do disappear sooner or later. That is part of life and part of the game. Some billion years from now ALL waymarks will be legacy :lol:

What really bugs me is when I come across a location and take pictures, then do some research at home just to find out that it closed the day before :sad: