Geocoin discovery

cobraleader312

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this question. I own a geocoin that has never left my possession, however it is being discovered at an event in Portugal. The people who are logging their discovery are all logging it twice. I have gotten 90 emails over the last week. It's driving me crazy. Doesn't even matter to me how they got the number, I just want to know how to deactivate it so I don't spend all this time deleting emails for a discovery that never happened. Help, please.

That must be really annoying. :(

I wonder how they got the tracking number in Portugal? Do you take your geocoins to events for others to discover? Maybe someone took the tracking number and is now circulating it on some list in Europe. Or maybe they did the guessing game until they came up with a valid tracking number for that particular coin type and it happened to be your geocoin. <_<

Yes, contact Groundspeak and tell them what's happening - They should be able to put a lock on the coin so that no more logs can be added.

MrsB

I have a travel bug that a German geocacher took a photo of and posted to their blog. I have gotten "internet" discoveries of it for the past three years. I ended up editing the description (several times) to dissuade people from logging it unless they've actually discovered or grabbed it. So far, the latest edition seems to be working. Perhaps it's the bold, highlighted text auf Deutsch.