Off to Amsterdam

toonburner

Me and my little girl are off to Amsterdam next week and I would like to do some easy caches (we're new, and we don't have much time!) The descriptions I see for the city centre are in dutch, and to save me google translating loads of them, could anyone recommend some to do please? We want to drop off a GC too. thanks!

I'd be happy to help with translations. However, I'm still on holiday and since I just started caching, I haven't had the opportunity to do any caching in the Amsterdam area.

Also, it's hard to give any recommendations without knowing what you like. I'm assuming you don't want hard terrain so you can take the little one along, but other than that, what are your preferences? Do you like traditionals, multi's or puzzles or do you just want to find great locations?

My ex only allowed me to get one cache in Amsterdam, but I highly recommend it.

It's right in front of the main train station. Thousands of people walking past you while you nonchalantly find a cache makes you feel much like some sort of Cold War spy making a drop. :-)

Also: several of the caches in the tourist areas of the city center have dutch descriptions followed by english descriptions, just have to scroll down.

Sporen van vroeger #1 (Amsterdam)

http://coord.info/GC1NVVM

My ex only allowed me to get one cache in Amsterdam, but I highly recommend it.

It's right in front of the main train station. Thousands of people walking past you while you nonchalantly find a cache makes you feel much like some sort of Cold War spy making a drop. :-)

Also: several of the caches in the tourist areas of the city center have dutch descriptions followed by english descriptions, just have to scroll down.

Sporen van vroeger #1 (Amsterdam)

http://coord.info/GC1NVVM

I have four finds in Amsterdam and I don't speak Dutch. Do SECRET DOOR for sure, GC2TJKV, (I think it's big enough for a geocoin) and also Spooren Van Vroger GCINVVM by the train station like another said; intense crowds and great satisfaction for finding and replacing without being seen! I also found Amsterdam Trad's Chinatown GC2YKHW and Het Waalse Pleintje GC2NXQ3. GREAT FUN, and ENJOY Amsterdam! (I'm going back next week myself, and have a reserved ticket for the Anne Frank museum. Looking forward to it.)

Cheers,

Machtuck