How do you create a co-ordinate from an address

JadeBudge

Hello, I am trying to plant a GEOcache and I have the address of where it is but I can't seem to find the co-ordinate on any of the mapping sites!

How do I find it? I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you need help. If you read the guidelines, which you said you did when you checked the box, you would have discovered that the use of a GPS is required to place a geocache. So needing to figure out how to translate an address to a coordinate is really something you don't need to worry about. So, break out your GPS, return to your geocache and take the required readings with your GPS, not by looking at a map.

Please, please, just stop what you're doing. You haven't found any caches yet. You obviously don't own a GPS device of any kind, which is integral to the game. You don't seem to have even the most basic understanding of how the game is played. You just signed up yesterday. Please learn a LOT more about what you're about to do before you try hiding a cache. Like by going out and finding a bunch of them first.

You take a GPSr to the address and look at the co-ords. otherwise DON'T DO IT!! one address is a lot of land-I can think of an area of probably 20 acres that is only one address, even though there are 3 separate buildings. Most GPSr's are accurate withing about 30 feet. The smallest caches are maybe 2cm long. That's too much of a difference so you NEED to use a GPS. AND find some caches..

Edited by T.D.M.22