EXPLORIST 610--LIES LIES LIES...

We bought this gps specifically because it came with the comprehensive world map. On their website, Magellan claims that "The World Edition map allows for 2D or 3D viewing angles. It includes a complete road network in United States, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia and major roads throughout the rest of the world and provides cartographic orientation in almost any location." That is from the website. When we got to our Canadian location, we had no maps. We thought it was us. It was not. We tried everything, and then we called Magellan and spoke with a nice lady in the Phillipines who could not help. We are furious about the misleading advertisement. Angry. They lied.

After all that, we called Magellan again when we did not get a call back as promised by the lady in the Phillipines. After some hold time, I was told that this was a glitch that they were working on. I asked why their website said they provided the maps when they didn't, and I wasn't given an answer.

I am curious if anyone else has had this experience with the 610. I will be calling again soon to get my maps, but until then, I am using some free maps I found. I am amazed that they didn't send me the map package. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks.

If you are so unhappy with it return it. Sounds like you did not do much research before buying.

I don't know. If claims are made on the product website that are not true then the problem is with the manufacturer. They sure be putting correct information on their website.

Sounds like you did not do much research before buying.

That sounds like the exact opposite of what s/he did to me... faulty information on the product website = manufacturer or reseller the only one to blame. The poster should at the very least be able to return it for a refund no questions asked, or alternatively get the missing maps for free.

Sounds like you did not do much research before buying.

That sounds like the exact opposite of what s/he did to me... faulty information on the product website = manufacturer or reseller the only one to blame. The poster should at the very least be able to return it for a refund no questions asked, or alternatively get the missing maps for free.

jjpooter,

If you will email me at Zukicacher@gmail.com I'll send you the phone number for a national rep. that will help you out.

David

Magellan Insider

If you are so unhappy with it return it. Sounds like you did not do much research before buying.

We did oodles of research...annoyingly so. We read reviews. We compared. We went, handled them, left, went back, handled them again. It was literally months of reading. We trusted the company and its claims. And when we called, they were not helpful. They didn't have an answer. How is that? We like the product and the way it works OTHER THAN it doesn't have what it is supposed to. Blurg.