Calgary Canada

Shortchic68

I'm new to geocaching, and already obsessed with it.

One look at the city of Calgary - Geocache map was enough to show me, I will never find them all. But, I have a-lot of variety to keep me busy.

Baker Park:

One of the more disturbing things to me is cache vandalism or destruction. I came across a cache this morning that was completely scattered and the vandal(s) went as far as ripping the log book. Weird. This particular cache is in a well maintained park but I counted four bags of dog crap and empty beer bottle and cans scattered around the area. Too bad, some muggles, are so lazy they cannot walk the garbage to one the well placed garbage cans.

Of the three caches listed, for baker park, I could only locate two. I think the third has been removed or washed away in the high river.

Overall I enjoyed the scenery, this park is on the river and there were river rafters by the dozens. I happened across a brown snake and wondered who was more afraid me or the snake.

A very enjoyable hunt.

Shortchic68

:D

I'm new to geocaching, and already obsessed with it.

One look at the city of Calgary - Geocache map was enough to show me, I will never find them all. But, I have a-lot of variety to keep me busy.

Baker Park:

One of the more disturbing things to me is cache vandalism or destruction. I came across a cache this morning that was completely scattered and the vandal(s) went as far as ripping the log book. Weird. This particular cache is in a well maintained park but I counted four bags of dog crap and empty beer bottle and cans scattered around the area. Too bad, some muggles, are so lazy they cannot walk the garbage to one the well placed garbage cans.

Of the three caches listed, for baker park, I could only locate two. I think the third has been removed or washed away in the high river.

Overall I enjoyed the scenery, this park is on the river and there were river rafters by the dozens. I happened across a brown snake and wondered who was more afraid me or the snake.

A very enjoyable hunt.

Shortchic68

:D

Welcome to Geocaching Shortchic68!

Calgary has many great caches, of which we have found only a few. Did you log a Did Not Find (DNF) for that cache that you didn't find. As a cache owner, I appreciate it when cachers let me know that they couldn't find my cache, so that I can check on it and repair/replace if needed.

There is a Calgary forum - www.calgarycachers.net where you can find local information.

Events are a great way to meet other geocachers, share stories of the hunt and get some hints for those difficult hides/puzzles. You can find events by pressing the newest in Alberta button on your profile page. Events will be first as they haven't happened yet.

Enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

mwellman

It is pretty common. Baker park is a "groomed" park. The city keeps it cleaned and it is difficult to maintain secure hiding locations.

As stated, make sure you post a DNF and a needs maintenance logs so that the owner's know what is going on.

There are monthly meets in Calgary on the last Thursday of the month if you want to meet others.